bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Anyone returning BPA bottles for refund/credit?

If so, where have you taken them too (successfully) without receipts?

I just called BRU and TRU in the Lower Mainland of BC (about 5 different stores) and was told that their program for store credit without receipt ended 3 weeks ago.

I called Zellers and they said they are still doing store credit (not gift card) for bottles of the same price.

I took my "big people" Nalgenes and similar back to MEC. I have an old Lululemon one, not sure what to do with that.

Any other ideas???

I have a bunch of Avent bottles and I don't know if Zellers sells them. Most of mine are sippies as neither girl took a bottle. I had a bunch of bottles but donated them to a church baby drive last year before I knew much about BPA.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray
    If so, where have you taken them too (successfully) without receipts?

I just called BRU and TRU in the Lower Mainland of BC (about 5 different stores) and was told that their program for store credit without receipt ended 3 weeks ago.

I called Zellers and they said they are still doing store credit (not gift card) for bottles of the same price.

I took my "big people" Nalgenes and similar back to MEC. I have an old Lululemon one, not sure what to do with that.

Any other ideas???

I have a bunch of Avent bottles and I don't know if Zellers sells them. Most of mine are sippies as neither girl took a bottle. I had a bunch of bottles but donated them to a church baby drive last year before I knew much about BPA.
    My local BRU took them back for store credit. But I work for BRU and last week a new letter went out to all stores. Return for differnet bottles or cups not containing BPA. And just to let you know the sippy cups from Avent do not contain BPA. So there fine to use . There only accepting BPA items not the sippy cups. You could also return the bottles if you have them. Purchase new ones and later return those. If you have the time to do all that.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks. The BRU here (Canada) are no longer taking them, as of three weeks ago. AT ALL. No store credit, no exchange, nothing.

Anyone done bottle/sippy returns in Canada recently? Where?
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011