Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good straw cup

Default Good straw cup

I need a good straw cup recommendation. I can't find the ones we used with my daughter 3 years ago. The one we bought at Target is so hard to sip, my dh tried it and could not get much liquid out. Any suggestions?

I personally like the Nuby flip-top straw cups. They really don't spill, DD could flip it open around 15 months and they are easy to suck. DS likes DD's playtex but I think that is because that is what she uses now for water. He's also okay with the Nuby.

HTH
    Deb

Mama to:
    Maya 2/12/05
    Max 4/24/07

TonFirst is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Octobermommy
    I can't find the ones we used with my daughter 3 years ago.
    Would you be referring to the awesome Gerber soft straw cups with the yellow handles? I saved all of mine from when my son was little (he's 3, too) and I can't find anything like them anywhere.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We like the Playtex Straw Sport Sipster. They leak the least of the straw cups. Nuby is OK, but they are a PITA to clean (at least mine are). The Munchkin ones are nice -- they keep the liquid cold longest (insulator or something).
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The cheap-o First Years Take and Toss are working well for us, though I had to learn how to avoid getting splashed when I stuck the straw in! The lids fit really tight, so we haven't had a spill even when the things get accidently dropped.

I use them at home, but I think that something like what Melissa mentioned in the previous post are more practical for on-the-go ...
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

This was our favorite (Playtex Baby The Insulator™ Sport Straw):

http://www.playtexstore.com/cgi-bin/item/PLA05670

Found them at Target a few years back. Still use 'em in the car.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have a couple of the Playtex straw cups, but we use the Take and Toss ones almost exclusively.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

I agree with the playtex insulator vote,

Straw cups to stay away from is the Diego Straw cups sold at BJS - I washed them through dishwasher just like I did my playtex ones - and there was tons of remnants in the straw still - yucko. I threw mine away - waste of 12 bucks

Playtex are very easy to clean and dont spill that easily

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have some nuby sports bottle type cups that I like.

I also use just regular straws in take n toss or tupperware cups. I like to keep it as simple as possible.

We did try some flip top ones, I can't remember the brand, they were insulated and had sponge bob and dora on them, and they were OK but the straws wore out over time and they were too much hassle for us.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We really liked the Nuby flip-it straw cups which we liked other than the frustration of cleaning. Also used the Take 'N Toss, but not the straws that were included. I used disposable straws that "bend" because they seem more convenient for the LOs to drink from, and I really never felt like I could clean the reusable straws sufficiently.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast