Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

While I can't give any advice, I can completely understand how you feel. My pregnancy was a surprise to begin with and then to find out that it was twins was quite unfathomable! I have found one mother of twins as my friend and the info/advice she gives is better than anything.

Congrats... My twins are due in 6 weeks and I am very excited as well. At least I have some experience with my 2 year old toddler.

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks for the responses, links, and suggestions. It's been a few days and I'm feeling much better about things now. At least I have the feeling that I can do it--and like it!
    Unfortunately there is no twin moms group in my metro area. I'm really surprised.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

This may sound kind of crazy....but two of my friends met at their OB's office and found they were both due around the same time with twins...I met them through an local group (freecycle as a matter of fact) and now we have dinner once a month and meet up for play groups at least every week or so, not to mention lots of supportive phone calls and e-mails. If there is any way to find out through your dr. of another woman expecting twins it would be great to hook up with her....it's really awesome to meet parents of older twins, but so great to have someone around the same mile marker as you start out the journey...
    Here is a great message board to ask questions and stuff...
    http://www.twinsmagazine.com/vbulletin/
    have you found out the sexes of your twins yet?
    I had been so psyched to find out if we were having a boy or a girl; I couldn't believe when the dr. told me there were two and he couldn't decide the sex of either that first ultrasound. I thought I was going to go crazy until we had another two ultrasounds to determine for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Joe
    Congratulations!

My twins are coming in about 6 weeks... my b g twins!!! We'll have to share tips.
    congratulations on your twins!! how are you feeling these days.. I'm 1st time mom and 19 weeks with twins and my feet already look like pork rolls shortly after I get up.

I'm a newbie on this site and it's great to see fellow nj mom's on here.

mjmamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default It'll be fine!

I have a 3.5 yr old daughter, a 2 yr old son and I just had g g twins 2.5 weeks ago. I really prepared for the worst and it is going better than expected. More so than my singletons, my twins are content to lie in their crib and look at each other while I help the other two with things. It has worked out well.

My advice would be to line people up to come over and entertain your oldest because feeding and diaper changing can take an hour+. Also, prepare for their arrival in advance, as much as you can because, obviously, time will be limited later. Go with the flow and it'll be fine. People really do seem to understand that twins can be more demanding and have been great about offering help. I was told I'd need 'so much help' but it really is managable.

Good luck.

congratulations!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2