Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile For those of you Unfamiliar with Maxtrix Furniture

YES! I've had experience with this furniture. It is sold at the specialty baby and big kid furniture store where I work.

Basically we brought in Maxtrix when Flexa decided to pull out of retail stores all across the country in what initially was thought to be a return back to Europe but, in fact, turned out to be that they just wanted to open their own independent stores.

We have had the Maxtrix line for about 6 months now and it is incredibly popular. The quality is almost identical to that of Flexa, even down to their multi-step process to dry and the treat the wood prior to furniture pieces being constructed. In addition, where Flexa had a 600 lb. limit on their bunk beds, which was lab-tested with a huge crane weight being forced onto the bed multiple times, Maxtrix has gone a step further and offers bunks with an 800 lb. limit!!! You could have a small family reunion on one of these things! Maxtrix also offers the same safety features as Flexa including options for either a straight ladder or an angled ladder, each with guard rails as well as grooved slats on the ladders for maximum grip of the child's foot as they get into the bed. And these are only a few of the many safety features.

On top of that, out of all of the orders we have placed with Maxtrix - not ONE item has yet to come in damaged! If you consider the carelessness with which many truck drivers handle furniture items they transport being that they work for neither the manufacturer nor the retailer who receives the furniture, THAT is pretty impressive!

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you make the decision to choose Maxtrix for your child's furniture.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Christyscmh; 06-21-2008 at 06:45 AM.

Default Thanks... that was very helpful. I saw those beds a

while back at a local retailer, and LOVED them, but the retailer went out of business. I just e-mailed Maxtrix since I can't find another dealer in my area.

By any chance, would you mind telling me how much your store charges for the twin over twin bunk with the ladder that comes out at an angle? I was trying to get a ballpark. Oh, and we're looking for white finish if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Marcy

Samantha 12/22/03
    Julia 4/19/05

Smile

Certainly. Yeah, white is a little more expensive. Apparently their painting process has more steps than the staining for their natural color. I'll check into that for you at work today and message you later. If I'm not mistaken though - the Maxtrix prices should be the same across the board though, unless some retailers jack them up. Talk to you soon.
    Christyscmh, Hopelessly Devoted Mommy and Sales Consultant at USA Baby.

Default thanks!

Thanks for your help. Maxtrix e-mailed me back today and said there are no retailers in my area, but suggested a few online.

Marcy

Samantha 12/03
    Julia 4/05

Default I just pm'd you...

The price you mentioned is lower than I expected.

Smile

You could check into Flexa as well. Even though they pulled out of retailers nationwide, they are still very much in business with plans to open their own independent stores sometime soon. They're also very helpful with referrels, etc. And you should be able to purchase items directly from them. As for pricing...they're similar to Maxtrix but I'm unaware of any additional specials or discounts they might be running at this time. Good luck!

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks so much. This furniture looks wonderful.

Question where are Maxtrix beds made in? New Energy anyone?

We've just started looking into our 6 yrs old DD's twin bed for the first time. She's been in drib-turned day bed the whole time... We visited 3 local furniture stores and one of them carries Maxtrix. It looked wonderful! Then I found this thread. Didn't know anything about Flexa before, but all the past posts here surely rave their products so I can tell how reliable Maxtrix would be.

Just wanted to know,,, where do they make these beds?

Also, we had a chance to look at products by company called New Energy. The retailer who carries their beds are very reliable but I want to know more about it before committing to anything. I haven't found any reviews of this company on this site. Could anyone give me any information on New Energy?

TIA

Maxtrix is a European company just like Flexa. Denmark is where Flexa originates. I thought it was Australia, but I'm not certain at the moment. I'm going to double check tomorrow the exact European country it's made in and get back to you.

Well the guys who started the company are from Denmark - the company is based in the United States although originating in Europe and the furniture is imported from China.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast