Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by sarahbrown29
    a FF Radian and 2 Snugrides w/ bases fit three across in the new CRV (tried it at the dealer.)
    I'm confused (or an idiot!) as we purchased two Graco Snugrides and went car shopping to test them out, but we had a hard time fitting in the base with seat attached and not eating the dashboard on both front row seats!! Since we didn't really "install" them into the cars on the lot, I'm wondering if we can will gain any room once the bases are truly installed?...anyone?

THANKS!!!

(corrected for typos & clarity!)
    Last edited by h23; 07-15-2008 at 04:29 AM.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

See my post in the carseat forum. We can't do it in the Pilot - the safeseat is too long and my husband would physically not be able to drive with his seat that close.

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by h23
    I'm confused (or an idiot!) as we purchased two Graco Snugrides and went car shopping to test them out, but we had a hard time fitting in the base with seat attached and not eating the dashboard on both front row seats!! Since we didn't really "install" them into the cars on the lot, I'm wondering if we can will gain any room once the bases are truly installed?...anyone?

THANKS!!!

(corrected for typos & clarity!)
    Ok, now I haven't tried the Snugride(s) with my 05 CR-V and 2 more seats, just with a MA and a SR...

BUT...the back seat on my car has some movement options. Not sure if it the bottom (I think), but def. the back of the seat (I'm certain), so that me be where the issue is. With the seat pushed back a bit (again, the seat bottom, I believe), we can have more room in the cabin and less room in the trunk. HTH

Thanks! I just can't believe car manufacturers (especially suv's or crossovers) don't think about this!

We gave in and bought the minivan. My husband is our at-home parent, so it was a huge ordeal. We put three across in our SUV for a week, with our 2 yr old in the middle to test it out before the twins arrive and my husband gave up. He said it was so difficult to get our son in and out.

We laugh every time we walk to a parking lot and look around for the minivan and think back to the days where we drove a honda s2000 around! But, it is so easy to get in and out of and our son loves it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2