Glizmo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default "Camping" with 7 week old

We go camping every year with my in-laws and are planning on making the trip again next week. Our version of camping is not very primative, LOL, we go to a campground in a trailer and shop at the local walmart. This year we're planning on staying in a nearby motel at night and spending the days at the trailer.

What do I need to make sure to bring for our 7 week old? PNP for the motel, moses basket for the trailer. I have a big floppy hat for her and plan to keep her out of the sun as much as possible. At 7 weeks, can I use sunscreen? If so, what brands are best and are there limits on how much/how often to apply? What to do about insects - mosquito netting? repellants?

Thanks!
    Liz

DD1 5/08 "Little bug"
    DD2 10/10 "Little bee"

I had a screen/net that you could put over the bucket car seat that kept out insects--I woudn't put any repellant on a baby that young. For "sunscreen" at that age, I put DD in the babybjorn and then pinned a pillow case over her so her legs would be covered and did the hat thing for her head.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."