Red face A good stroller for walking?

What's a good stroller to get for walking around the neighborhood daily?

Smile

Check out the Baby Jogger City Mini. The price is comparable to most single strollers on the market right now and they offer a variety of colors. In addition, it's lightweight and is a one-handed fold that makes it a piece of cake to maneuver. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Christyscmh; 06-25-2008 at 10:42 PM.
    Christyscmh, Hopelessly Devoted Mommy and Sales Consultant at USA Baby.

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Christyscmh
    Check out the Baby Jogger City Mini - it's a jogger, but is used well for walking also. The price is comparable to most single strollers on the market right now and they offer a variety of colors. In addition, it's lightweight and is a one-handed fold that makes it a piece of cake to maneuver. Hope this helps!
    it is not a jogger.

Smile

Refer to last posting re: this topic.
    Last edited by Christyscmh; 06-25-2008 at 10:42 PM.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The City Mini is definitely made for light jogging; despite that fact, it would be perfect for regular walking.

WRONG!!!!!!!

The City Mini is NOT made for light jogging. In fact, to be labelled a jogger in the US, the stroller has to have a wrist strap and a hand brake. Babyjogger's website specifically states that the City Mini is NOT meant for jogging:

http://babyjogger.com/cityminimain.htm

"The City Mini is an urban terrain stroller. It is not intended for jogging purposes."

If you are going to put yourself out here as an "expert" in baby gear, via your siggy, please inform yourself prior to posting. We have lots of lurkers who might never post, but would read your post and then jog with the City Mini, which contrary to the manufacturer's stated recommendations.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

The City Mini is definitely made for light jogging; despite that fact, it would be perfect for regular walking.
    8" non air-filled tires (like on the City Mini) are not appropriate for even light jogging under any circumstances.

I have a BOB Revolution for walks and a little bit of jogging (on pavement, infrequently, short distances only). The BOB can handle uneven sidewalks and non-paved surfaces just fine. I use it several times a week.

Depending on the type of surface you'll be walking on, and how far you're going, a lot of strollers could fit your needs. For long, frequent walks, I'd find something with 12"-16" air filled tires and a swivel (or lockable swivel) wheel.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

Thumbs down

Quote of BubbaRay's - WRONG!!!!!!! The City Mini is NOT made for light jogging. If you are going to put yourself out here as an "expert" in baby gear, via your siggy, please inform yourself prior to posting.

I NEVER stated that I was an expert in anything - sales consultant, yes...expert, not so much, and no indication supporting this in my "siggy" either - the Baby Jogger representative who introduced the stroller to us stated that it was for light jogging and walking purposes, but not for heavy jogging. Further research into the fact that it is not made for jogging has prompted the removal of inaccuracies as posted previously. My apologies for being misinformed. No need to jump on my case - I am human and therefore subject to human error. Oh, and by the way, that Baby Jogger Sales Rep? Also human.
    Last edited by Christyscmh; 06-26-2008 at 08:17 AM.

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

You should check out the Baby Jogger City Classic or Elite for regular walking around the neighborhood. It has 12" air tires and the swivel/lock capability. The sunshade is amazing!