Default Poor experience with Broadway Photo

I ordered a camera for my hubby's birthday through Broadway Photo online, because my husband had bought one from them a few years ago and they had the best price. I ordered Sunday night and was surprised when I got an e-mail the next day saying there was an issue with my order and it was on hold.

I finally got in touch with them and all they did was try to sell me a battery for $49!! I was angry because I lost a day in order processing and if I'd wanted a battery I'd have ordered one.

Well, he apologized and said it would go out first thing Tues. morning. Well, this morning I checked order status and it said the item was back ordered, so I e-mailed them and they said it was out of stock and it would be 4-6 weeks before they got one to fulfill my order.

I'm fuming- now I have nothing for my husband's birthday and I suspect that if I had bought the battery, the camera would have been in stock. Argghhh.

I had a similar problem with Broadway Photo, and I ended up cancelling my order. Not only did they try to sell me an unnecessary battery, they also tried to tell me that I needed to buy a memory card from them - trying to convince me that I could only get it from them, it was so specialized that it was only available if purchased at the same time as the camera. I called Canon, who told me that everything that Broadway was trying to sell to me other than the camera was not needed, that they were in fact telling me untrue info, and that they are NOT a recommended seller. With this new info, I cancelled, and paid a bit more to buy it from Amazon.

I think if I were you, I'd try to find the camera elsewhere. Also, check out www.resellerratings.com for similar purchases. You are able to see real reviews from real buyers, and get a true feeling of a website/company before you place an order.

Good luck!
    Heidi

Expecting my first, due August 20th