hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Pottery Barn Return Policy, Beware...

So, we just renovated our bathroom and with contractor delays, it has taken longer than anticipated.

Since I had so much trouble finding a mirror that I like, I ordered one from Pottery Barn that is perfect in our space. It was about 2 months from delivery until install, but I did check the mirror when it came and was very happy that there were no cracks or scratches. HOWEVER, it did have a very small dent in the frame. One that is only visible in the correct light that happens to be the lighting in our bathroom. So I called pottery barn expecting a no nonsense return policy and was told that they have a 30 day policy and they can't help me! My first phone to Pottery Barn Customer Service gave me this information with quite a bit of attitude and obviously did not care that she had a very disappointed customer.

I am so disappointed in Pottery Barn! The issue with the mirror has been solved and I love my new bathroom but the solution cost me about $70 more than the original cost of the mirror. This is not the customer service I expected from Pottery Barn!

deenass is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default I think their return policy is 365 days!

At least that has been my experience - I had chairs for my son's table that chipped and they replaced no questions asked (certainly more than 30 days later) and I returned a bedding set I purchased about 4 months later.

I'd try their CS again - I'm really surprised by your experience.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Actually, I did check and Pottery Barn's policy actually states 30 days.

I think that Pottery Barn Kids may be different. At least I hope so...

I'm so glad they were able to help you with your children's items. Maybe I just had a bad customer service rep...

they changed their policy. Most companies have at this point as they were getting taken advantage of people returning things months later that they then had trouble selling.

In this case, your item is damaged. I'd ask for a replacement for that mirror or a credit for something comparable.

My new line when I purchase something is - "how long do I have to return something?" Gap has also shortened their time policy as well.

Yes, PBK changed from 365 days to 90 days and then a few months later went to 30 days (which IMO is much too short for a baby/kids store and gift giving). Anyway, it's better for my pocket book because now I no longer shop there.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

I agree - 90 days is much more reasonable....

PBK has been strict with their 30 day return policy in my experience as well. I tried to return an obviously unused diaper bag (still pregnant with 1st DC so it's never even been out of the shopping bag!). I still had the receipt for it, but it was already over 30 days, and I think I bought it about 5 or 6 weeks earlier. I even told them I received the same bag for my baby shower so I didn't need two of them, but they still adhered to their 30 day return policy. I was pretty disappointed and shocked at how unaccomadating a good store like Pottery Barn was. I really expected better customer service.