Default Soarin for a 4 year old?

Trying to plan our trip for next week. Is Soarin too scary for a 4 year old little girl who is rather easily scared? Thanks for the help!

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

It's a tossup. My sometimes-timid 3yo (last summer) loved it. But we were also with older cousins who kept assuring him he'd like it Positive peer pressure worked in that situation.

The ride WAS really neat, and the views were amazing.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Sarah loved it at 4. *I* however hated it and have never been back on LOL!! If you don't have a good head for heights, it isn't a good idea... Sarah doesn't know that I don't like it though, I just tell her I have to stay with Amy.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

My daredevil 3 1/2 year old loved it. But he loves anything. He hasn't found a ride that he doesn't like at WDW or any amusement park we've been to.

He is easily frightened during movies, especially the first time he sees something. I can usually talk him through those things though.

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

No problems here with a relatively timid 4yo. It was really neat -- amazing experience.

If you can get a seat in the back row (can't remember now which lane number that was!), you don't go up very high at all, which might help with the heights. (Though the pictures make you think you're much higher.)

It's not at all shaky or rumbly or anything like that. (It's safe for pregnant women, which says something!) And the presented vews are just lovely and amazing.
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My ds was 5 when we went on it and he is easily scared. For example, he hated Buzz Lightyear AstroBlasters and the Winnie the Pooh ride but he loved Soarin'. We all did!

Beth

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

All of the 4yos that we know loved it!

Thank you everyone! We will be sure to try it then. 5 days and counting!!!!

Our timid, scaredy-cat DD went on it when she was 3 and loved it. It's one of her favorite rides, esp. on a hot day!
    The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least. -Author unknown