Thread: used bottles

Default used bottles

hello all, I'm new at this and I was wondering if anybody has bought used baby bottles from Ebay and what has your experience has been. thank you

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by 08njmomoftwins
    hello all, I'm new at this and I was wondering if anybody has bought used baby bottles from Ebay and what has your experience has been. thank you
    I would never buy used bottles. I think that gross. You don't know who your buying from. And do you know if they contain BPA? That's a chemical that is found to cause cancer. Look for something BPA free glass bottles, Dr. Brown's BPA free,playtex drop in or Born Free. Oh and welcome to the board.

thank you for the advise, I was thinking the same thing while I was browsing, so I don't know what I was thinking.

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 08njmomoftwins
    thank you for the advise, I was thinking the same thing while I was browsing, so I don't know what I was thinking.
    Your over loaded. Your having Twins! Congrats.

Yep, I wouldn't buy used bottles either. We use Mam bottles (distributed by Sassy in the US), and love them! BPA-free, easy to clean, they're great!

Congrats on your two babies!!!

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am using the Medela bottles. They are BPA free. I bought a bunch and then a friend gave me a bunch too. I trust her hygeine. And once they are sterilized I think they are all the same. I wouldn't buy from a stranger.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We are using Born Free and so far I have been very pleased with them.

for my twins - i loved the Podees (although one of my girls couldn't use the podee since she was born with a cleft).

the podee bottle is not BPA free but you can put the podee straw stuff onto a gerber clearview and that is BPA free. clearviews are very cheap.