Default Table and chairs

DD is 18 months and I'm wanting to get her a little table and chairs soon. What do you have and like?

Amy

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a little one from IKEA called the SVALA. I think it was about $40 It came with 2 chairs, and is unfinished. It is really cute and DD (22 mos.) loves it even though it is a little big for her. (Her feet don't quite touch the floor when she sits in it.) She uses it every day for crafts or coloring.

I stink at links, but I'll give it a shot. www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/87474709
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

We have a different Ikea one:
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20072816

Matches the easel nicely and for the price I won't feel bad no matter what DD ends up doing with it, kwim? We have had it since Christmas and it is still going strong!
    DD1 06
    DD2 09
    DS1 13

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I second the IKEA SVALA. We just got the set for her and while it is a little big right now, she LOVES it. And I love that if she scratches it up, I won't have a coronary.

Am planning to eventually paint the top with chalkboard paint...
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

catpagmo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DD has a table and chair set from PBK. It's very sturdy, and seems to be real good quality. It is used many times a day.

We got it from the in-laws. I personally wouldn't have paid the price. You could probably find a good used set on Craigslist.
    DD 12/05
    DS 02/09

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

~Franklin D. Roosevelt

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm looking too, and have yet to find anything on CL. Did you guys stain or paint your Svala table/chairs? I like this one at target for our decor, but am waiting for free shipping:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...A1VC38T7YXB528
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

We currently have the first one that was mentioned from IKEA. I have not been pleased with the way it's held up over time, but IMO you get what you pay for . Since I only spent around $20 for it I am not real heartbroken. I have found though that the white laminate peels up easily and it's difficult to keep clean as stuff can hide in the crevices. The chairs still look great though.

I actually just broke down and ordered this one: http://www.allchildrensfurniture.com...41-KK1209.html but have yet to recieve it (just ordered it yesterday). I searched around on the web and they seemed to have consistently lower prices than anywhere else.They have a huge selection, I chose this one b/c it is larger than most kids tables and I want my son to be able to use it for quite awhile. They also had free shipping and do not charge tax, so that was a bonus. HTH.

Anna
    DS1 5.10.05

DS2 12.10.08

ellies mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have an IKEA tabletop with the short wooden legs. All together, the table cost about $50. Our chairs came from DD's school when they got new ones but we will probably pick up some IKEA chairs at some point.

I really like the kidkraft avalon table but the IKEA route was cheaper and easier so we went with that.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This thread was recently posted in the Bargains lounge and talks about some cute sets on sale at surlatable.com:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...d.php?t=297075
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)