Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    jamie is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default Expecting Twins-Suggestions on Double Strollers?

I just posted this message on the stroller boards and realized that I should have posted on the multiples site.
    My husband and I are going to be first time parents expecting twins. When the babies are infants, we are going to use the Snugride with the double snap-n-go. We are researching double strollers for our registry. I am new to the boards and was wondering if you had suggestions on double strollers. (At this point, money isn't an object.) I think I would like to register for two different types of strollers: 1) to go walking trails that can stand up to outdoor activities, 2) lightweight,easy in/out car for errands, mall, etc. We looked at the Baby Jogger City Elite Double and also the Bob Revolution Double. For a lightweight stroller we also looked at the Maclaren Twin Triumph. Any recommendations, suggestion, advice? Thanks in advance!

For walks in the park and the like checkout the Valco Trimode double, Baby Jogger City, or the Mountain Buggy Double.

For quick commuting checkout the Baby Jogger City Mini, Combi Twinsport, or Peg Perego Aria Twin.

You can get the Snap and Go in many instances used for quite a considerable savings.

If you are just going to get ONE stroller, I would suggest you checkout the Zooper Tango or the Baby Jogger City Mini.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Not a multiple mom here, but we LOVE our BJCED and our single Triumph. If I were in your boat, I wouldn't hesitate with either of the choices you're leaning toward. I have not pushed the TT with 2 kids in it, however. The Bob Rev Duallie was great, too. It just didn't fit into the back of our CRV with the wheel still attached. I use the BJCED for everything.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have a BJCSD, and we love it. I had gone through like 7 double strollers; they can be so annoying! So far this is the only one that I feel like works well for indoors and out.

I think we are leaning towards that Baby Jogger. Are there any lightweight doubles that you would recommend as a second stroller?

sue_g is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We had the Peg Perego Aria Twin and I would highly recommend it.

I am so overwhelmed with trying to choose the strollers and carseats that should hopefully work best for us. Would anyone recommend the Valco Baby :: Runabout Tri Mode Twin? I believe we would compare that with the BJ City Elite. Thanks again for all the help!

I can tell you what has worked for us - and trust me, I highly researched everything before I made my purchases! My twins are now 16 mo. We started with the double snap n go - can't beat the convenience and the HUGE basket. This is how I did a lot of grocery shopping! Before they were one, I made my next purchase - a BJCMD. This is the best stroller. It really covers all of our needs. Howevr, recently, I did splurge and bought a Bob Duallie 12" AW. This is my outdoor stroller as you can't beat air tires for walks. So, with these two strollers, I feel I am totally set. My advice - buy online to find the best price.

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm in the same boat--just expecting--so no real experience. As much as I don't want to shuck out the big bucks for two strollers, I think that is what we are going to do. We had two for my son, and it has served us well over the past 3 yrs.

On my short list are
    for outside:
    Valco Twin Trimode
    MBUD (I had a MBUS for my singleton and loved it)
    Bumbleride Indie Twin

and for the car:
    BJCMD
    Valco Latitude
    zooper tango
    I wish these had an adjustable foot area but neither do as far as I know. I want a stroller that is a bit more full service (snack tray etc) than a maclaren

Let's keep this thread going! I'm surprised how little discussion I can find about strollers for twins.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum

On my short list are
    for outside:
    Valco Twin Trimode
    MBUD (I had a MBUS for my singleton and loved it)
    Bumbleride Indie Twin

and for the car:
    BJCMD
    Valco Latitude
    zooper tango
    I wish these had an adjustable foot area but neither do as far as I know. I want a stroller that is a bit more full service (snack tray etc) than a maclaren

Let's keep this thread going! I'm surprised how little discussion I can find about strollers for twins.
    We have been using the MBUD for our twins for over a year and it is wonderful. Our car stroller is the Combi Twin Savvy which has been very reliable, but I wish it turned more easily.
    -Kate

Mom to Sally & Leo - 2/20/07

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast