Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Our twins are 6 months tomorrow and we have a dbl SNG which has been great for convenience and its huge basket.

I've been using our 2008 Zooper Tango which I really do like a lot. The seats are very roomy so the twins can really stretch out. When they were newborns, it was nice to be able to zip up the front to make a little "bassinett" for them to sleep in. It's very well-padded, steers well & 1-handed, smooth ride and best of all, the canopy is just amazing! It goes all the way down to the napper bar.

I love that the price included sunshield, boot & rain cover. It also came with a drink holder & little mesh pouch. The basket is large but it not very easy to access. I've gotten used to it though and zip in/out of the sides pretty easily

Each seat has its own canopy & individual recline. The recline will lay almost flat so I actually started using this for the twins pretty early on.

We looked at just about every single dbl out there including BJValco, BOB, Combi, Peg, Baby Planet, Joovy. Since we were expecting "tall" twins (DH is 6'3"), I wanted something that was roomy & of all the ones we looked at with our friend's 3 yr old, this was the one he was most comfy in.

Cons: a bit heavy & wider than I originally wanted (but that enables the comfy, roomy seats).

mongo is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default double bugaboo

Does anyone know if Bugaboo will be coming out with a double? It's the 800 lb gorilla in the market.

Any thoughts on the Maclaren Twin Techno Stroller? That's the one we've registered for. We pushed it around the store and compared it to other models on the floor and it seemed best to us, but we didn't have babies in it! These 2 will be our firsts, so we don't have much experience picking any of this stuff out. It got rave reviews on the Babies R Us site, but noticed not a single one of you mentioned it here...Thanks!

Oh, and we are also registered for the Snap and Go 1305TW with Graco Safe Seats. Only hear raves about the Snap and Go.

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a Maclaren twin rally (it's an older model from 2003) that I got from a friend who was done using it. I don't have twins. I use it for my almost 4 yr old DS and 16 month old DD (have been using it since DD was 3 months old. It is very hard to steer and I really disliked it so I only used it when I had to. I have used it for DD and DN who are closer in age and weight and it was a little easier but still difficult to handle. If I were purchasing a double umbrella I might have gone with the inglesina with 3 handles instead of just the two on the maclaren. HTH
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have the Maclaren Twin Traveller that my sister gave me and I agree that it is very difficult to push. I find the handlebars very wide apart and my arms get tired very easily. Also, I am constantly kicking the middle wheel, and I am not tall.
    Up until now I have used it for DS and DD who are significantly different sizes. I have been told that it is easier with twins. At the moment I plan to keep it because this way I don't have to buy another stroller for the twins, but if I were buying new I would also consider the Inglesina. In fact, if I find I am using the stroller often and really continue to hate it, I might just end up buying a different stroller anyways.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

We're having twins in April 2009 (our first) and I've just started reading up on the strollers and car seats and have to be honest, I'm confused. Not sure if the strollers are regular strollers or work with the car seats, etc. Any info, suggestions? I'm going with a friend to start registering next weekend and want to have a clue what I'm looking for and should consider when I get there. Thanks!!

Aimee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3