jamie is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default Expecting Twins-High Chair Suggestions

Hi again!
    I absolutely love these boards, they are just so helpful. As we continue are journey into registering for our twins (first time parents) we are now considering high chairs. Our kitchen has room for two standard high chairs. From reading lots of reviews, especially on BB, we are debating between the FP Healthy Care High Chair and the Chicco Polly. We like the idea and concept of the Tripp Trapp for when the twins are a little older. We initally thought we would go with the Peg Prima Pappa but after reading the horrible reviews that chair is off our list. As parents of twins-do you have any other ideas, suggestions, advice...Thanks in advance!

we have two FP Healthy Care HC (one is from DD1 and the other borrowed.) I love them. My twins are escape artists and try to get out of any HC that doesn't have 5-point straps.

You can usually find this HC in good shape through local craigslist!

HTH!
    Sarah

DD1 5/05 Evenflo HBB
    DD2 4/07 FF Britax Roundabout
    DD3 4/07 FF Safety 1st Uptown
    DD4 6/10 RF Britax RA50

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

This is going to sound funny coming from me, because I do not own one (YET), and have actually never seen one IRL, but I vote for the Tripp Trapps all the way. I am kind of obssesed with buying a couple for my twins who are 20 months now. I am a nerd and wrote about some high chair options on my blog if you are interested:
    http://mamaslittlemonkeys.blogspot.c...uld-go-on.html

jamie is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Thanks for the suggestion. I also liked your blog. My husband and I love the concept of the Tripp Trapp. We also became a little obsessed when we checked it out IRL. We are definitely going to add 2 to our twins registery. I would be interested in hearing how your kids take to them if you decide to buy.

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Take a look at Hipposmile chairs, too. The age says 18mos+, but the price is nice...

We started with one of the Fisher-Price chairs for DS, and then moved to a Hipposmile, which is growing with him. I suspect we'll get another FP chair to accomodate the twins, and then upgrade to two more Hipposmiles later...
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

we are in a townhouse so we don't have much room - we have the fisherprice space savers and love them. plus i can sit and feed them which i think is harder with a higher high chair.