wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Best place for airline tix to Orlando?

DH and I are planning to bring DD to Orlando next Feb to visit DH parents. They live about 20 mins from Disney. Unfortunately, DH is in education so the only time we can travel is during February break (the week of President's Day) which is when every other family in the NE is traveling south and is VERY expensive (last year a travel agent told us it was the most expensive week of the year to travel...worse than Xmas and Thanksgiving!!!). DH has been watching sidestep.com for flights. Wondering if any of you had other recommendations of where to look for discount flights?
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

AddiesMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I had a coworker that went to Orlando this week every year. It will only get worse the longer you wait unfotunately...

If you live near Manchester, Providence, or Hartford, Southwest is releasing flights through March 6 on August 21st. I find they typically release them sometime around 9:30 am to 11:30 am. If you have DING it will let you know. Southwest typically isn't much cheaper to Orlando on holiday weeks, but at least they don't whack you with the luggage fees.
    - Michelle

Addison 11/9/05

Go Red Sox!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Consider flying into Tampa, which is only about an hour drive.

I would also look at farecast.com and see what they recommend in terms of ticket buying.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

brigmaman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I don't know if things still work the same way, but when I was looking a few years back, for a flight over a school break (dh and I are on school schedule), I found that just after midnight there seemed to be some really great deals. I just kept checking the discount sites.
    Southwest has the ding download so that you can be notified when your fare is on sale. Also, Kayak.com searches lots of other sites for you and you can search multiple airports at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22
    DH and I are planning to bring DD to Orlando next Feb to visit DH parents. They live about 20 mins from Disney. Unfortunately, DH is in education so the only time we can travel is during February break (the week of President's Day) which is when every other family in the NE is traveling south and is VERY expensive (last year a travel agent told us it was the most expensive week of the year to travel...worse than Xmas and Thanksgiving!!!). DH has been watching sidestep.com for flights. Wondering if any of you had other recommendations of where to look for discount flights?