Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dollhouse 18 m/o Little People or FP?

18 mo DD is getting a dollhouse from Granny. After some research on these boards, I gather the Little People or FP First Dollhouse are the practical choices, til she is older and can appreciate something more elaborate (or not)
    Other Mom suggestions? Where to buy?

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would suggest the Fisher Price over the LP one. DD is 4.5 and she still loves to play with that house, even though she has a bigger house as well. She got tired of the LP around 2.5. We bought ours at Walmart.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

The FP My First Doll House for sure. It is a really wonderful toy. We bought ours from Amazon for about $20. We have slowly added accesories and now we have everything. Toysrus occasionaly does Buy One Get One Free on Fisher Price Doll House accesories and that is when I buy. My DD's favorite is the sister and the living room set because it comes with a dog.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another vote for FP My first dollhouse (and we had both - thanks to generous relatives!) The Little People one never got played with. Shop around for the FP one - Amazon had the best prices on the house, but TRUS had much better prices on the furniture (back when I was looking). So definitely look around and compare!

At that age I would do the LP dollhouse, and then get a bigger dollhouse at age three.

We recently bought the PlayTown doll house.. it's made by Learning Curve, and it's adorable!

nov04 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm glad I saw this post. Our LP dollhouse is now in the garbage (unfortunate pt'ing incident!!!) so I'll be looking into the FP doll house.
    Jos
    dd1 10/2004 prenatal stroke survivor w/ speech delay and dysarthria
    dd2 02/2007 asthma

Quote Originally Posted by fortato
    We recently bought the PlayTown doll house.. it's made by Learning Curve, and it's adorable!
    Oh, for cryin' out loud! You aren't letting a boy play with a dollhouse are you??

Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
    Oh, for cryin' out loud! You aren't letting a boy play with a dollhouse are you??
    Susan...
    His favorite color is pink. He loves kitty cats. His favorite toy is a pink and white striped kitty...

He's going to be a FABULOUS gay dad one day.

Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
    Poor Jack.

If it makes you feel any better, Luke was playing with naked Barbies all weekend. He said (& I quote), "Where is the lady's nipples?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast