Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Stroller for a 5 YO and almost 3 YO for disneyland?

We have a couple umbrella-type strollers (larger than a regular umbrella stroller with a shade canopy and a small basket) but I one of them doesn't recline at all. I think a small double will fold up smaller than the 2 singles as well and space will be at a premium.

Any suggestions? My almost-5 year old doesn't like to walk very long.

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

How big is your 5 yo? We used a Joovy Caboose for my 4 yo (who was pushing the 45 lb limit for the jump seat) and my 33 lb 2 yo last spring. It worked pretty well, although it doesn't fold as easily as an umbrella stroller. We were able to get it on the trains without much trouble.
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

I have super tiny kids.
    As of right now he's 36 pounds (he'll be 5 in October) DD is almost 3 (January) and she's a whopping 24 pounds.

We went last fall with a 3 month old and a 3 1/2 year old. My 3 year old is a trooper - would normally walk a 6+ hour day at the zoo or our local amusement park. We did the sit-n-stand. It was bigger, but we generally parked it in one area and walked around there (baby in sling). We'd load up for the long walks and he'd usually just stand on the back.

I wouldn't want to deal with two strollers just for logistics of combinations of kids and adults needing to go different directions.

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

bjcm steers nicely, has great canopies, and folds compactly.

Sorry...not up on the stroller lingo...
    BJCM?

Default disney double rentals

never been to disney or had two kiddos. just a 1 year old now. but i saw that disney has very cool strollers for rental (an episode of jon and kate plus 8 last season) much easier than brining one. i remember that they had a great sun shade and a couple kids took naps quite well in them too. maybe disney has pics on the website.

OMG...just went on disney. price for a double...$31/day! YOUCH!! and i guess strollers are not allowed everywhere at disney. what the heck do they expect people to do?!?

good luck.
    n
    Last edited by neeleymartin; 08-11-2008 at 09:27 PM.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think you'd be fine with something like a Mac double. If you expect that you will want to split up occasionally, 2 singles might actually be more convenient.

I would not recommend the Disney doubles. You can't take them into the parking lot, and I loving being able to wheel all my crap directly to my car. And for DL, are staying close enough to walk to the park? In which case I would definitely bring your own.

And welcome back to the boards.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Hi Beth! It's wonderful to "see" you here still!!

Yes, we are staying at the Howard Johnsons about 1/2 mile away. I'm hoping we can just walk, but if we're dead I'll have DH run and get the car to pick us up LOL!

I doubt we'll be splitting up. We'll have my whole family (there will be 12 adults and 3 kids-2 are mine) so I'm guessing we won't be together in THAT group the whole time, but I doubt DH and I will split up much.

I was looking at the combi twin sport because it's pretty cheap (albee has one for $159) but after reading reviews I'm not sure now LOL!

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by todzwife
    Sorry...not up on the stroller lingo...
    BJCM?
    sorry. baby jogger city mini double

http://www.babyjogger.com/cityminidouble.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast