Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Anyone waiting to be matched?

I am currently waiting to be matched and was wondering if there are any others waiting. Looks like there is not alot of current posts here.

Hoping to bump it up a bit.

Thanks
    D

sadie427 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes--keep meaning to post a post like this myself. We are officially waiting to adopt since Wednesday, when we brought our profiles to the agency. It will be child #2 but adoption #1. Feeling a little anxious already--but I'm sure I'll settle into the wait. We expect to wait up to 18 mo (we might give up past a year or 18 mo), but the agency has an average of 3 to 11 months, so it could be sooner. We were already presented with a situation last week, but it was way out of our comfort zone and we asked not to be shown. How long have you been waiting? Good luck everyone!

----
    S
    DS 2003

Default We are too

We're waiting for a match

We've been active with our agency since early May. We're one of two families being considered right now and we should know something this week! Good luck to both of you.

Good luck knoelani! Is this your first potential match?
    ------
    S.

DS 2003
    DS 2009

Hi to you both. Good to talk to someone who is waiting. We have been waiting a few weeks now, probably closer to a month. We are working with a Consultant and doing advertising on our own through different ads that are recommended by our adoption atty. The person we are working w/only handles about 10-12 couples so we're hoping to get chosen by a BM rather quickly. Although I am totally unprepared.

We are doing a domestic adoption.

I am curious if you are both doing domestic and if so, will you have to travel out of state and stay 2 wks waiting for finalization (assuming so)?

If so, what are you bringing for the baby to sleep in?? That is my biggest worry, that it will be a situation that is last minute and all I will have is a car seat....

After being an infertile for so long, I am in the "I don't want to do the babies room or get furniture" since I don't want to have to look at it every day, if that makes sense. I have nothing, not even a bottle ; )

knoelani, How is it going?

How about you guys? Sadie, I know this is 2 for you so prob. a little different.

We are also doing domestic adoption and will have to travel and wait for ICPC.

There's another thread that talks about where the baby would sleep in the hotel. There were some good suggestions--a couple of products you can buy that are basically small portable baby beds; or a pack and play; or ask the hotel for a crib; or line a dresser drawer w/ a blanket; or co-sleep. We will likely check our pack n-play, although the new airline checked luggage charges give me pause. We will probably try to minimize our other luggage--we will obviously be doing laundry while we're there so we just will try to bring as little as possible.

Although this will be our second child, it's been a long road to get to this point, so I'm also sort of guarded against further disappointment. We aren't preparing yet either, and only have some of the useful stuff (no crib, etc). I may change my mind about that though, I do think this adoption will happen eventually.

DAK, I tried to PM you but I think your PM feature is disabled, PM or email me through the boards if you want to "talk" more.
    Last edited by sadie427; 08-21-2008 at 01:01 AM.
    ------
    S.

DS 2003
    DS 2009

amyff is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Domestic Adoption

We are also going through the domestic open adoption process (it will be our first adoption and third child). Our first home study was last wednesday (we have 1-2 more before we can "wait" for a match). I would love to hear more about all of your situations and status!

I am so sorry it took me so long to get back. I am off on Friday's and really wasn't home too much this weekend.

Hi Amy! Congrats to you. Sounds like you are on your way! Are you going w/an agency?

I did 7 in-vitros and cannot have my own. It is not DH, it is me. We've decided enough is enough. This will be our first child, our first adoption. We are both excited. We're in our 40s so hoping it happens sooner rather than later. Actually, wait. I am JUST 40 ; )

Sadie, where in the world do I go to turn on the PM?? I cannot figure it out nor can I figure out how to email you. Can you let me know how? I understand the long road. It has been 6 yrs for me and I am too afraid of disappointment. My only saving grace is that this is not like infertility in that I KNOW I will have a baby at the end. Even if we have a failed match, there Will be someone out there for us.... THat is my positive edge for now ; )

I am thinking a pack and play myself for sleeping. I am not too comfortable w/using hotel crib bedding. Do you know where that thread is? What are people saying about that Amby Baby? Have you heard? Expensive but looks like it would travel real well. Now I hear some women fly home with babies on their laps as opposed to buying a seat??? I am so confused.

~sigh~ so much to worry about....

DAK, the thread about sleeping options was started by knoelani and is a few posts down from this one in the adoption section.

About traveling home with the baby--babies under 24 mo can fly free on a parent's lap, and if you plan to do that but there is an empty seat the airline will often move you and let you use that seat. There are very few empty seats on planes these days, however. This is kind of a controversial topic and there is more about that here on the car seat forum. It is generally thought to be safer to purchase a seat, but many people do use the "lap baby" option.

We always bought a seat for DS, but didn't travel a lot with him when he was a very young baby and IMO it would be pretty difficult to keep a toddler on your lap for a whole plane ride, DS was much happier in his car seat. We may or may not buy a seat for the new baby coming home from picking him/her up, the airplane trip will likely be very expensive because it will be short notice so we may not be able to afford it. Some airlines have infant fares, but they generally aren't less than a regular discount fare from the internet. I believe you do need to let the airline know you are traveling with a "lap baby" when you buy the ticket. I also heard you need a letter from a doctor in order to fly with a baby who is less than two weeks old, so that is something to ask the airline when the time comes.

HTH.
    ------
    S.

DS 2003
    DS 2009

Smile We're matched!

We have been waiting for 5 months and were just matched last week! We are doing a domestic adoption within our state...only 2 counties away. This is our first child. We don't know if it's a boy or girl yet.

For those of you waiting for a match, it will happen!

Angela

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast