Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

We are waiting. We have been waiting since December. We are in Chicago. We got a call last week from our SW saying there is a young lady in FL. that is due at the end of May. She wanted to know if we wanted our profile to be shown. We agreed to have it shown.

We aren't very familiar with the travel. I have been looking around at airfares just in case. So, this is where we are. Any suggestions on what we should be doing?

Just an update we did pass our court date and we leave april 18th to bring home our son from EThiopia.

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I know this is a "waiting to be matched" thread, but it seemed to be the most active on the Adoption Board, so I wanted to introduce myself as I just discovered Baby Bargains over the weekend. After 4.5 years of ttc jumping through adoption hoops, we have met a birth mother who is due in mid-June. I don't want to say we were "matched" because it was miracle connection outside of the agency. The birthmother has selected us, we have been to her doctor's appts and u/s, and she has invited us to be at the birth. The details of when the baby will come to our home (either upon discharge from hospital or 72 hours after birth) have yet to be worked out. This is our first baby and I'll be turning 41 before baby arrives (Angela's post gives me hope that maybe this baby won't be an only child!). We are excited, still crossing our fingers but feel very blessed.

Hope the search is going well for everyone. Congrats to everyone with a baby on the way!

As I posted on the Nursery Board, I'm trying to figure out what the very basic things I need will be..without over buying in case the adoption goes south. There is an As They Grow consignment event this weekend in my town, so I am trying to get educated on the basics I might want to buy second hand there (I know, no car seats or cribs).

Sorry for such a long post. I need adoption people to talk to

Lee

Hi Lee,

Congratulations and I'll keep my fingers crossed that things work out well! We're a waiting family ourselves. I've found these boards invaluable for learning what we need and don't need. We haven't bought many things yet, though lately I've been considering buying an infant carseat to have in case of a sudden call (Graco Snugride 32 most likely, since it has good stroller compatibility).

I noticed in your other post that you were thinking about adoptive breastfeeding. It's something I've thought about as well, and go back and forth on a regular basis. There's something good information on the kellymom.com website.

Take care and I look forward to hearing your updates

Default What we have found most useful.........

We were matched with a birth family 10 weeks ago and our daughter was born 17 days ago, we were able to bring her directly home from the hosptial. We had only waited about 9 months from the day our home study was completed to when the baby was born. Oh TPR was completed on Friday May 15! Legal risk period is over!!!! big sigh of relief.

Anyway, things you may need, I have found that for a carseat the Graco Snugride 32 is really nice. You never know how quickly the baby will grow, so you will have a bit of wiggle room there. Also, another, what I consider a necessity, would be to get a vibrating bouncy chair. Many people mentioned having the swing, that worked alright, but the vibrating chair has been the most used thing we have. We purchased the Boppy brand bouncer and travel swing. Oh, travel swings are great because they are compact and you can move them around the house with ease. The other thing I highly recommend is the Halo Sleep/Swaddle sack for night. I didn't think it was worth it, but my DH and I ran out and purchased one after our first night at home and have used it every night since then. It makes night time feedings and changing a breeze.

Good luck with the new baby! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Default Matched! And trying to figure out what I'm doing.

As many others have said, the original intent of this thread seems to have been "waiting to be matched," but the other threads aren't really active, so here I am. We're "expecting" a baby girl who is due 7/24. So far, so good, anyway. We've met the birthmother and both of her parents. I'm walking that tough line between preparing/being excited and trying not to get my hopes up too high -- we already had one failed match this year. We're preparing as though it's going to happen, because I feel like the birthmother is counting on us to do that and (from a more cynical perspective) because we're going to need all of this stuff whether our baby comes to us in July or much later.

Baby is being delivered one state away...coincidentally, about a half-hour from where my in-laws live. Which means that while we're waiting for ICPC clearance, we're potentially staying for up to 10 days with my MIL. Eeep!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3