jvs195 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Bad experience with Lavendercreektrading.com

I'll try to shorten this, but it's kind of long.
    In February I ordered a blanket as a backup for DS's beloved lovie. It was hard to find (as it was 4 years old), but I finally found it and ordered it from lavendercreektrading.com. I was charged immediately.

March 14 I received an email my order had shipped. I received in the mail a blanket that was not what I ordered with a personal note from the owner of the store stating the blanket I wanted was backordered until May... "Thank you for waiting for your purchase. I am sending you our "snug-as-a bug" lovie blanket as a gift for you to keep. If you do not want to wait for the Back-order to be filled, just call us and we will credit you back..."

I called to say I would wait as I definitely needed the specific one I ordered. I heard nothing. I called 5/30 and was told the blanket had never been ordered, but the manager would call me. I never heard back. I emailed to say I wanted to cancel and be credited. No response.

2 weeks ago I got a phone message to send back the other blanket and they would credit me for the shipping and the original blanket. Out of principal I called back yesterday to say if they wanted back their "gift" they would have to send me a call tag and I wanted my credit card credited immediately for the blanket I never received. The girl on the phone said she'd process the credit and have the Owner call me (at work) the next day.

Today the Owner left me a long message (at home) saying I kept the replacement blanket which cost more than the one I ordered and it was past the 30 day return policy so I am only eligible for store credit. I guess she forgot that she wrote "a gift for you". Now I don't care if I keep this blanket, but I will not pay to ship it back to her in hopes of getting more store credit that I do not want. I just called to dispute my cc which I was hoping not to have to do, but the 30 day return policy seems a bit ridiculous under these circumstances.

I have gotten so much great advice here I thought I would share a rare bad experience I've had in hopes noone else goes through the same.

Where the Army sends us...today it's Washington

Thank goodness for credit cards! Because you paid with one, you have a whole legal team on your side. Contact Visa/MC/Amex/Discover immediately and tell them the entire situation. They will certainly look into the situation themselves.

I've been in a similar situation and not only received a refund, but also my orginal order.

Now if only I could make my balance and interest rate disappear!
    -Lauren

DS 3/08
    DD 3/09