Unhappy A not-so-great experience with teething-teeth.com

I ordered two separate crib rail protectors from this company. The first was ordered on 8/6 and arrived without incident (although it did take 10 days to arrive when they supposedly shipped it Priority Mail the day after I ordered it).

I wanted to make sure I liked the item before I ordered two of them. I did, so about 2wks after the first order, I placed the order for the second one on 8/20. I received a shipping confirmation on 8/21, and the box arrived on 8/23. I opened the box and it did not contain what I had ordered, it contained totally different items, but with my packing slip. I emailed them immediately, and they called me on 8/26. It seems they shipped the wrong person's order to me. The woman was pretty clueless (and she's the owner!!!) - she didn't realize that this was the second item I ordered from them and was confused as to why I hadn't received mine. She asked if I could ship the wrong order to the correct person for them. I have reservations about this, but she assured me that she will credit me the cost for the shipping (it seems like they are a pretty small company, so I get her wanting to save 2x shipping costs on correcting this). Ok, I'll do that for you, because I'm a nice person. I have to go to the Post Office tomorrow anyway. So, I agree and then she starts to get off the phone without telling me who to ship this to. I ask, and she says, "Oh, it's not on the packing slip?". No, my packing slip is in the box. She is confused by this. At this point, I also ask her to tell me where my order is. She says she will check and get back to me. She does and immediately sends me an email saying that my order was shipped yesterday, please note that this means it was shipped 4 days after they sent me a shipping confirmation. So, I guess they sent me a shipping confirmation for the wrong order, and didn't send me one when they shipped my actual order.

So, that's the story for now. I will update after I receive my order and get this incorrect one shipped out. This is poor business practice on a number of levels and not great customer service as this woman really didn't have a clue what was going on. It's totally inappropriate to ask a customer to mail an order for you, and then even more inappropriate to have to give another customer's name out. I intend on putting a note in the box telling the other customer what happened -as I would think it was weird to get a box from a random person that I didn't order from.

I can't recommend this company, even though the product they sell is great. Find a crib rail protector from somewhere else if you need to. Or, check theirs out online and find someone to make it for you. It doesn't seem like making it would be difficult for someone that knows how to do those things.

Default Update

Still can't recommend this company ... they really have no idea what is going on. Good things that have happened since my original post:

1. I sent out the package to the other customer via USPS Priority with delivey confirmation (same shipping method that it was sent to me by), and sent the company an email with the tracking info. They promptly issued a credit to my VISA in the amount of the shipping. Good.

2. I finally received my correct order.

Some annoying things that have happened in the last few days:

1. The order I placed was for the same item that I previously ordered. Upon inspection, these crib teething rails look different. The new one is a little less wide and looks off-white, not white like the first one. I am not going to pursue this b/c it's not worth it to me to deal with this company anymore, and the new one works fine. I don't care if the boys' cribs don't exactly match.

2. This morning, I get an email from them asking where the other package is (the one I sent to the correct customer). Here's our exchange:

THE OWNER:
    Sorry for the bother. Did you ship the package through the postal service. If so, was it priority, and how long did they say it would take.

MY RESPONSE:
    It was Priority. According to the USPS, Priority takes 2-3 business days. Did you check the tracking number to see where it was?

I then checked the tracking info myself, and forwarded it to them. Package to be delivered today.

Now, remember that I sent an email to them with the tracking number and telling them that I shipped it Priority when I mailed it on the 26th!!

These guys need to get it together!

Of all the baby stuff I've ordered online, amazingly this is the first issue I've had, so I guess that's a good thing!

Thanks for reading!

Default good experience but have an ordering tip

Yes, it is a small company. I am sorry for your hassles. We got lucky. Our shipping took a bit longer than we wanted but it was okay. W

e LOVE the product. Our baby bumped his mouth in the crib and the blood spot on the teething rail alerted us to his injury. It is soft enough for him to teethe on it, even with a split on the inside of his lip.

It might be good to shop around, as suggested. I didn't see another place to buy them. Too tired to make them myself!

One tip for readers: order the crib rail protectors a little bigger than you think you need. We were careful in our measurements but the protectors don't lie flat -- they gather a tiny bit at each velcro attachment and that can leave you short on the ends.

Order them as soon as you notice your baby sitting up so you will have them when she/he pulls up. As noted, the shipping can be delayed or the product can be back ordered. It is a small company.

Hi Moma of two twins "et al"

As I have read through this post it has been very hard and very difficult for me. On the one hand, I have to personally acknowledge that what was said above in your post is true, and on the other hand I have to say that our small family company had been hit with a very huge obstacle and it has taken a toll on us in a way that we never ever could have predicted. We were shaken to our core... and while I don't want to shrug off our responsibility I do want to give you a little back ground insight so that you can see what we were dealing with at that time.

My name is Sandra A. Hall and I am the owner and steward of the company discussed above... I would be grateful if you bear with me as I bring you up to speed with what has happened recently.

The inspiration for this company came from our daughter... 9 months ago our 5 year old daughter almost died due to complications from Type 1 Juvenile diabetes and this really threw our family and business for a loop. To make matters worse, I had just given birth to a brand new baby boy one month prior to our daughter almost dying.

Before our daughter got this disease we made all of our convertible and standard crib rail protectors "In-house", but once our daughter got ill our family could not handle this responsibility; monitoring her blood sugar levels around the clock and giving insulin injections for the past 9 months while caring for our new born has been very daunting... and that's putting it mildly. That is why order shipments started to fall behind and other problems emerged. I care about your satisfaction and want to give you superior customer service. That being said, we were all totally blind sided by all of this; as you can imagine.

Though our family and company still have a lot to work through, we are now starting to rebuild. We have been able to get our teething products manufactured in large quantities, and this has helped to make sure that all of our moms have access to receiving their convertible and standard crib rail protectors shipped out from our facilities within 2-3 business days.

I sincerely apologize for what has happened, it was not intentional and we desire to provide you with strong service and quality. We do not make a habit of being dishonest when it comes to shipping and we do whatever we can to make sure that our moms get their products a.s.a.p. That being said, like Thomas Edison, (in the beginning days before the light bulb) we are a small company, and we are learning and trying to improve as we go along...

I would be grateful if you would consider what we have expressed here in this post when you think about shopping with us in the future... again we apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you and we deeply appreciate your business.

Here 2 Serve U
    Last edited by Sandra A.; 11-23-2008 at 01:10 AM.
    Sandra A. Hall
    Owner, teething-teeth web site