Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Any prior experience buying a flower girl dress?

DD will be a flower girl Thanksgiving weekend and neither the bride nor I have found anything we like, in person or online. DD will be almost 3 at the time of wedding and we both would like a short sleeve or at least a "baby" stlyle (nothing sexy or no spaghetti straps). I don't want to spend a fortune but would like it to be good quality.

I am sure some of you out there have purchased certain makers, brands that you liked.

Oh-forgot to mention, I am no where near a bridal store and the bride lives in a metro area but has combed through most places near here and nothing has turned up.

Also-ebay is dizzying with so many hand made dresses that searching is really a pain. I took a chance on of of the hand made dresses and am really disappointed with it so unless one you can vouch for a specific seller....ebay is out.

Please help me, we are desperate.

Oh-bride is wearing lace and we will be in chiffon .

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

No personal experience, but friends of ours have bough flower girl/special occasion dresses from http://www.strasburgchildren.com/. We have an outlet near us and I've dropped in a few times and the quality seems nice
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Another vote for Strasburg. We found a silk Strasburg flower girl dress for DD on sale at Dillards for around $100. It is beautiful and very classic looking. Another option is to rent a dress from gagas.com
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got last year's white special occassion dress from Gymboree. It had a silk-like top and big fluffy layers of tulle on the bottom. Got a sash to match the bmaid's dresses and my MIL did some additional beading to sparkle them up a bit. They came out great, and total (both dresses w/the additions) was probably less than $100.

I think the dresses are included in the baby sale, since I remember kicking myself last year for not getting them for half price.

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_ca...=1219941185334

Our bride wore lace too, she was fine with this.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We bought one at David's Bridal for my niece. It was cute and not too expensive.

Beth

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Another rec for Gymboree or David's Bridal. Gymboree's special occasion dresses are available online. I know Strasburg has nice stuff too but am not as familiar with it.

My DDs are going to be flower girls in my sister's wedding in September and I found their dresses at Marshalls last spring. Right around Easter/First Communion time there were lots of white and ivory dresses. I love their dresses and for $29.99 each they were a steal. My DD's dresses are the same and they are Cinderella brand. I just did a quick search - see eBay item # 220272376769 for an example of the brand (not the same as my DD's dresses, but similar). Theirs came with matching doll dresses too, which are adorable.
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs

My girls are in SIL's wedding on Sunday and we bought the dresses from gymboree. Check them out.
    Melissa

Mom to Emma (4/03), Kate (7/05), Sam and Claire (6/09)

Melbel is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD1 has been a flower girl 2x. The 1st dress was from Strasburg and I loved it. The 2nd time the dress was from Davids and the dress was just so so. IMO, the Strasburg dresses are MUCH better quality for about the same price. Our Dillards recently had some on clearance less an additional 40% off. Unfortunately, our outlet closed about a year ago.

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

if you haven't already, try looking at:

j'acadi
    best and company
    sarah louise
    janie and jack

DD has been flower girl a couple times - we tried a dress but the bride didn't like it (can't even remember the maker - it's been a couple years). The bride was very specific about what she wanted (and she wanted a very simple style with a brown sash and a shrug) so my MIL actually made the dress for my DD. If the bride knows exactly what she wants, and you know a good seamstress, you could try that. GL!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast