Question I bought Bumgenius cloth diapers. Need a help

Well, I seriously started to think about cloth diapering. So, instead of spending a lot of money and finding out that it’ll not work for me, I decided to try used ones. I bought 3 one size Bumgenius pocket diapers and found out that I need to change the elastic around the legs… I have a sewing mashing, but don’t know a lot about sewing. It seems to me easy to do, if you know how. Does anybody know how to do it? If you can explain me or send the link to the site, I really appreciate it.

I am planning to do this myself to a bumGenius in a few days. Here are the directions I will use. You actually cut a small hole through the liner and add new elastic in rather than pull out all the stitches and remove the old elastic. It's supposed to be easy and fast.
    http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=212544

Also, I hope you aren't turned off from cloth diapering because of starting with diapers that need repairs. That would be a hard way to begin for me, but once your dipes are working, I think you'll be really happy with them.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Canna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Here is another repair technique that I found (also shown on a FB, not bumgenius):

http://community.livejournal.com/diy_fluff/218835.html

I also wanted to mention that I recently switched to cloth, and we tried the http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/ trial program. They send you 7 diapers in 6 different styles (2 are prefolds so those are the same). With a 9 month-old who doesn't poop every day, I found this to be almost enough diapers to CD full time, although I was doing laundry way more often than I'd like to be. I used just 2 disposables the first week because I really wanted to try all the diapers as much as possible in a short time. It was really helpful. The new bumgenius 3.0 is included as well as Fuzzi Bunz, a thirsties AIO, a thirsties fitted (use with a cover), a bumgenius organic AIO. They sent me all new diapers. You can keep any that you want and send the rest back for a refund. There's a $10 fee for using the program, and you do pay shipping. However, I thought this was a GREAT low-risk way to try cloth. I really appreciated getting to use so many different products in my home, wash them over and over, etc.

(I ended up choosing to start my stash with some Fuzzi Bunz and some prefolds and covers. I think I would NEVER have given the prefolds a try if not for this program, but I like them and they work for us!)