Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

You might want to check your health insurance on that Vusion. . mine wouldn't cover it and one tube costs. . . .$276. Yes, for one tube. That stuff is almost more expensive than crack. I felt like a total heel but we couldn't afford that for anything. We just had to use the Lotrimin, Aquaphor and Maalox combo. It cleared up but I think that the pharm company putting out that Vusion at $276/tube should be sued. No yeast cream can possibly cost that much to manufacture.

We've had awful diaper rash that involved several visits to derms and the ped. The only thing that works consistently for me is Aquaphor. I tried Triple Paste, pet jelly, Butt Paste, prescription creams...Aquaphor applied very thickly has always cleared up DD's rash.

Lots of good tips from previous posters!

My pediatrician recommended that we mix up a diaper rash cream out of equal amounts of Desitin, A & D ointment, Eucerin cream, and corn starch then liberally "frost" our child's bottom with it, using a tongue depressor to apply. We did (2 ounces of each in a mixing bowl, then transferred to an 8 ounce Avent VIA container), and it worked! I couldn't find tongue depressors at my BX, so I used craft sticks instead (fat popsicle sticks). Use a new applicator with each diaper change and don't double-dip the applicator to reduce risk of cross-contamination in case your child has a yeast infection, so you can save the custom-mix diaper cream for a "big gun" approach to rashes down the road.

Another idea is to try applying purified lanolin (Lansinoh) to your child's bottom. Lanolin is an excellent moisture barrier and that promotes skin healing, which is why breastfeeding mothers use it for sore nipples. FYI: lanolin is super-sticky; you need to warm up with your fingers before you can dab it on/spread it around.

Hope that helps!

My 11wk old started getting a bad rash (she's on nutramigen and wow does it make her go a lot!) It was looking yeasty so I would apply a layer of anti-fungal cream (lotrimin), then a layer of thick desitin, THEN baby powder over that so all the cream does not stick to the diaper.
    It really works. Just be careful with the powder application so no one inhales it.
    In 2 days her rash was gone.
    Maria
    ~Mama to 4~
    ~Foster mama to baby girl R born 8/08~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3