Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KLTA is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default where to buy preschool clothes?

My 17mo daughter starts school this week, so I'm starting to think about fall clothes that can be messier than what I've bought her in the past. Of course I still want her to look cute, but we need to be OK if things get ruined. Plus she'll need to be warm on the playground, whereas before I'd just change her outfit. Nothing trendy, though.

Any suggestions on good stores (mostly online)? I'm thinking Old Navy, maybe Baby Gap or Gymboree, but I bet there are less well-known places out there, too. Thanks!!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Come on over to the Baby Bargains' Kids' Wear forum. Much busier and we discuss clothes for kids of all ages over there.

I like The Children's Place, H&M, Gap (their basic knit t's and pants), Lands' End and Target. People like Boden as well but I can't justify their prices.

Beth

sue_g is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Carters have good clothes and usually have a coupon too.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles
    Come on over to the Baby Bargains' Kids' Wear forum. Much busier and we discuss clothes for kids of all ages over there.

I like The Children's Place, H&M, Gap (their basic knit t's and pants), Lands' End and Target. People like Boden as well but I can't justify their prices.

Beth
    What she said. Kid Wear rules! My fave board of all.

In addition to Gap, H&M, TCP, Target, Gymboree we have some Old Navy in the wardrobe as well (OK for little ones up to 2T, but not for active preschoolers - falls apart) and way too much Hanna Andersson (bought at deep discount from the outlet stores). And a couple of Boden items, but I agree re prices. Gap playwear is one of my favorites for general preschool use. Oh, and stock up on Oxiclean - you'll need it for all the stains she's going to get!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Have you considered participating in a consignment sale? I know it isn't online, but it is a one-stop shopping kind of situation. I find REALLY cute clothes at ours for just a fraction of retail. I totally don't mind if a piece of $2 clothing bites the dust.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I love kids' consignment shows, too, for clothes like that. As for B&M, we almost always shop Target or Old Navy for play clothes. Usually clearance.

ETA: I also love The Children's Place.
    Last edited by Melaine; 02-04-2011 at 09:22 AM.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The easiest way to get cheap play clothes that I've found is to go to Kohl's Jumping Beans line. I don't think I've ever paid more than $4 for a top or pants there, and it all coordinates so you can mix and match outfits really quickly.

Get the Kohl's charge for the discounts - it is the ONLY store credit card I own because it's so useful. Everything in the store, everyday, is at least 15% off what you'd pay without the card.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

FYI, this thread is from 2008.
    Kris

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    The easiest way to get cheap play clothes that I've found is to go to Kohl's Jumping Beans line. I don't think I've ever paid more than $4 for a top or pants there, and it all coordinates so you can mix and match outfits really quickly.

Get the Kohl's charge for the discounts - it is the ONLY store credit card I own because it's so useful. Everything in the store, everyday, is at least 15% off what you'd pay without the card.

kohl's stuff is perfect for messy preschool days. It's cute, but I don't feel bad if DS gets paint or other stuff on his clothes. I broke down and got the card too. OP's totally right about it being worth having.

FYI, this thread is from 2008.
    Whoops! I fell for it too.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast