Default what's best for my nearly 4 year old? Soooo confused!

My DS is 4 in December, and he is currently 42" and nearly 40 pounds. I am trying to determine what is the safest option for him. Cost is not as important as safety. He typically rides in a captain chair in our Sienna, so size isn't either. However, I would like additional help with a good option for a second car seat/booster for travel, school field trips, etc. Oh, this is so overwhelming and confusing to me!! Thank you!

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If you post over on carseats, you'll get more replies. No one comes to this board!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

I had the same problem not long ago. I'm a car seat junkie. I love them!!! We have a Britax Boulevard and a graco Nautilas right now. LOVE them both. The Nauti. is our newest one. We also have a Sienna. My 6 yr. old still fits in both. My suggestion would be to go to car-seat.org and post your question there. They can give you lots of suggestions for your child and there are a lot of car seat reviews done by car seat techs and parents. That is where I go for ALL my car seat advice. I know what you mean by being confused. There are sooo many seats and you want the best one for your child. Good luck!!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Not to be picky, but this is a 4 month old thread. She's probably bought something.

And, our carseat board, in the baby section, is wonderful. We have techs and super knowledgeable moms there that answer a lot of questions very well. I'm sure the other board is great, and I've read there a bit in the past, but no reason to send them away from here!
    Kris