Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Munire Cribs

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I ordered a Munire crib and dresserat USA Baby. We were quoted 10 -12 weeks. We are going on week 21. USA Baby has awful customer service. They have done noting to help the situation. Including not returning my phone calls Its ridiucoulous. I will never again order furniture from them.

Munire gets good reviews....after waiting this long (D is 8 weeks already) it better be worth it. This is a hassle.

sail731 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We have Munire from USA Baby and had no problems. My biggest complaint is that the crib we selected had a wide top rail, which has been used for teething. Otherwise great bed, good service.

arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I bought the Munire Oxford crib and dresser back in the fall of 2006. While I absolutely love the furniture, I had to wait about 16-17 weeks for it when I was quoted no more than 12 weeks. It came after my son had arrived! I bought it from USA Baby in WI and they were helpful enough. The really upsetting thing is that when the crib finally arrived, it was defective, so I then had to wait another 2-3 weeks. I think I got the second one quickly because I wrote to Munire that I was writing Denise and Alan about my case, which I did. That got their attention. I do love the crib and dresser, although the front rail of the crib has a lot of scrapes from leaning over it with belts and zippers. Does anyone else have this problem?

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

As of right now - munire has officially lost me as a customer. so has USA baby. i ordered my essex crib in april - just rec'd it. and its the wrong finish. i ordeed my dresser in may - no clue when it will be in. i was quoted 10 -12weeks on the crib and 10 - 14 on the dresser. I was planning on ordering addt'l pieces - not now.

usa baby won't return my calls - they pretty much said - too bad. you can bet i'll report this to denise and alan.

arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom
    As of right now - munire has officially lost me as a customer. so has USA baby. i ordered my essex crib in april - just rec'd it. and its the wrong finish. i ordeed my dresser in may - no clue when it will be in. i was quoted 10 -12weeks on the crib and 10 - 14 on the dresser. I was planning on ordering addt'l pieces - not now.

usa baby won't return my calls - they pretty much said - too bad. you can bet i'll report this to denise and alan.
    Do e-mail them about your experience and cc USA BAby, as well as Munire. That should get their attention. Denise and Alan should also know about the fact that their delivery times are still so far off the mark. I mean, c'mon, they've has 2 years + to get their act together since they started having delivery issues!! That's unacceptable!
    Last edited by arivecchi; 10-30-2008 at 08:35 AM.

Thought I would post an update about my Munire funiture. I ordered from a small baby store in Mobile, Al and was told 6 weeks on my order. I just got a call ealier this week that it was in. It only took 4 weeks for my order to come in. I am so happy!

The set that I ordered was the Majestic collection so I am not sure if this had anything to do with it or not. Maybe they are catching up on their orders!

We ordered our Munire Majestic crib from Nebraska Furniture Mart and received it ahead of the quoted time frame. It was back in March so I don't remember the time frmae we were quoted. But I do remember it arrived early. It's a beautiful, well made piece and we are very pleased with it.

You can also look at "Baby Cache" furniture at Babies R Us. Baby Cache is the brand under which Munire sells cribs to the chain stores. The advantage is that BRU usually have the cribs in stock/warehouse as they probably order thousands of cribs at a time. Heck, just having one floor model for every one of it's stores is a few hundred cribs (~300 stores, I think). I bought the Tampa model back in late Feb '08 and received the crib and dresser a week later, I also ordered the conversion rail at the same time and didn't get it till October so go figure..... Didn't bother me too much though, as long as I received it before 2010, I didn't care. They did give me a 15 dollar gift card as an apology for the delay. BRU may be low on cribs though.... with the Jardine recall fiasco and all... but if you buy a Baby Cache Crib or even a regular Munire crib "in stock", you'd be good to go.
    Moral of story: In stock crib = received in one week , Special order Conversion rail = received 7 months later! That's one slow boat! Either that or they plant the tree when they receive the order.

Munire is great quality. Just picked up an Essex crib (pricey) in Chestnut finish. We were originally going to go with the Koala Home Taylor lifetime crib but the BRU near us (Lansing, MI) told us it would be 2-3 weeks. I asked if they had any other cribs (at all) in stock and the didn't have the much. I needed a crib quickly (mostly because I'm an idiot, held off on buying a crib, and my DD was rapidly outgrowing the Graco Pack-N-Play). I found a Munire stocking distributor in Jackson, MI called Toy House and they stock Munire items due to the long lead times.

Toy House is my savior for stocking cribs (bless those family owned businesses that don't have to worry about shareholders). Munire crib took less than an hour to assembly with all the bolt holes lining us and fitting together perfectly. Great quality crib and looks wonderful. If you can find them stocked somewhere or can wait 3 weeks, either Munire or Baby Cache (or Koala Home Taylor crib at BRU) is an excellent buy.

Yesterday we have ordered Baby Cache Heritage Life timeconvertible crib at BRU. My due is on the Dec 10th but they will only deliver it by Nov 30th the latest. Hopefully I should get it before my baby comes. Did anyone buy this crib? Is it easy to assemble and use? Any comments about this crib.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast