ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default want to make sure i'm getting a good deal..

so i saw a maclaren triumph on craigslist... we currently have a bugaboo cameleon but i've been thinking about getting something easier for vacations--so i didn't want to spend too much money.

the post says it's a few years old (i just emailed and asked HOW old) but looks practically brand new. they want $90 for it... is that a good deal or should i offer lower?

i'm new to craigslist so i'm not sure how to go about things... they asked if i wanted to see the stroller, .. when i go, what things should i ask or look out for? (i'm a new mom too if you can't tell)

thanks much for any advice!!

thinking about it... i put this in the wrong section. i should have put it in "strollers"... oops!

nov04 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

50% of the current retail price seems a little high to me. I'm sure other posters will know what the customary %ages are.
    Jos
    dd1 10/2004 prenatal stroke survivor w/ speech delay and dysarthria
    dd2 02/2007 asthma

that's what i thought tooo... hmm, other thoughts?

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

"If" it is in new condition, I'd offer $75 firm. You can get a new triumph pretty cheap with a %off coupon at BRU and I'd tell them that. check this one out and there are currently 20% off floating around that you might even be able to use on this....

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index....S/2255957&sr=1

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Check the price of Triumphs on eBay. I did a quickie search and 07s are NIB for $70-90. 08s are about $115. Didn't check shipping, but even then, $90 for a used one that's a few years old sounds quite high.

If you still really like it for whatever reason (must have the color scheme is the only reason I can think of), show em a few of the eBay auctions to see if they'll lower the price.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Can they send you a picture or tell you what color(s) the fabric is? We can help you from there since many of us might actually have that same model.

Honestly, I'd almost just use coupons (20% off and $5 off) from BRU or get one from Albeebaby if they won't take $70-75 for it. Unless you just LOOOOVE the color.... For us, once we'd decided on a stroller feature/purpose-wise, we thought brand new would be sure to last us through several DC. It could be totally fine, though and a good bargain. Triumphs aren't all over our CL.

hmm.. it wont upload or paste on here (the image)..here's the link: http://detroit.craigslist.org/bab/855548522.html

it's blue.. seller said it's 3 years old but she's only used it a handful of times.

but i think you guys are right... i can get a brand new one for not that much more money with the coupons.. plus, my other future children will use it.. hahaha.

i don't love the color either..
    Last edited by ahrimie; 09-26-2008 at 05:10 PM.