Default 11 mo DC waking up earlier and earlier

My DC used to sleep from 630 pm to 6-630 am at night with two naps (totaling 2-2 1/2 hrs. during the day). But now, DC is getting up a 5 am, no matter what time we put DC down at night.

We tried to put DC down at 630 pm and then at 7 pm, but DC still wakes up at 5 am. We thought DC might wake up later if we put DC down later. Nope. So this morning, I waited to pick DC up, which was not easy, since my little baby likes to talk very loudly (basically communicating: pick me up now!) in the crib. Poor DH who works late.

The naps have gotten a little longer to make up for the earlier wake up time in the morning. But does anyone know if you can work with your child to rest in the crib until a little later?

I mean, come on. My body was just getting used to waking up at 630 or 6 am, but 5 am? The sun is not even up yet? or should I just get used to this as well?

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wish I had a solution to offer. DD has typically been an early riser. For the longest time it was 5:30am. Then over the summer we had about a 3 week period where she slept until 7am and we thought we had died and gone to heaven! Who thought 7am would be such a luxury. Unfortunately, it didn't last and we are back to 6am, if we are lucky. Lately it has been 4:30 or 5am and I end up lying down with her on the guest room bed until I have to get up for work. It's a killer and I don't think I would survive without coffee in the morning. That and I go to bed at 9/9:30 most nights. So much for quality time with DH. But I figure some day she'll grow into a teenager who I have to drag out of bed for school and I'll look back on these days longingly!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Thanks wendibird22. I think I should count my blessings. My kid must like to be an early riser too. You're right about the teenager thing. I am sure that I'll be doing the same in years to come. =)