Default Help..Supportive Nursing Bra for Large Chest?

I'm in my 7th month and starting to look at nursing bras. None of the ones I've tried so far seem to provide any support at all...help! Normally I'm a 36DD, but right now I'm measuring at 40E. I've read that you shouldn't wear underwire while nursing. Can anyone recommend a bra that without underwire that will really hold you in? I've tried some from Motherhood Maternity but they barely support me at all. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a Mimi Maternity one that I got at Macy's. DS is now 6 months old and I purchased these at around 7 months pregnant. They are not underwire, but are VERY supportive. I'm also very well endowed. You may just want to buy one or two since typically you can get bigger once your milk comes in.

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Once your milk comes in get an Anita bra. It will be the best money you have ever spent! On the advice of the ladies here, I bit the bullet and went to Nordstroms to get measured, fitted and spend a lot of money. Although I scoffed at the idea of spending over $70 on a bra it is totally worth it. (you can get them a lot cheaper online) Before I had the baby I went to Sears and bought really cheap bras fto tide me over for the first few days.
    I turned out to be a I was a 38D before baby and now I'm a 38G. I have underwire ones that wear all the time and haven't had any problems

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

as always, what works for one person will not work for the next. i tried the anita but it did not give me enough support. i was a size 36H. what worked for me was bravado. i used the supreme nursing bra for day wear. for a sleep bra i used the original nursing bra (double plus).

if you are in your 7th month, it is too soon to buy a nursing bra. get the nursing sleep bra to use in the hospital and until your milk comes in. then you can get fitted and buy your day bras. i recommend looking for a specialty store w/ lactation consultants (many hospitals have them) so that you can get properly fitted by a lactation consultant. ime, these types of stores have a better selection than others. oh, and try to go just before a feeding so that your breasts will be at their largest rather than smallest.

hth

I know some definitely do, but I've never had a problem with the underwire bra and I LOVE this one: http://www.amazon.com/Anita-5035-Nur.../dp/B00080LI6M

For DS I had a different Anita bra, the Bravado Supreme, a Fancee Free, and a whole host of other bras. This time around I actually ended up with three of these and I love them so much because they actually fit like a normal bra (all the others I couldn't wait to look *normal* again and wear a *real* bra!).

I have a 38G and a 40F.

For sleeping I have a couple regular Bravados and a couple of Yes! bras (I have a lot of nursing bras between two kids and trying to find something that worked). But it is very hard to tell until probably a few weeks post-partum what size you'll need.
    Debbie

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would also say to wait to get a nursing bra until your milk comes in, since you are not sure what size you will be while nursing. I would agree with pp on your trying out different bras to see what works for you. Underwire bras were terrible for me.

Thanks so much for your suggestions! I will definitely experiment with these once my milk comes in.

ok I feel your pain-- I've struggled with nursing bras. I have to have an underwire to get the right kind of support and found that after about 8wks, I stopped getting that engorged feeling, so mercifully underwire were ok.

I've tried so many bras supposedly designed for us large chested girls, (Medela, Bravado, Motherhood Maternity brand, etc) and just this week found one I really love.

The Anita 5035.

I bought it from breakoutbras.com and LOVE that site b/c they tell you how to get the right fit. (I thought I was a 36F but turns out I was a 34H) and Melissa personally rates each bra to help you decide. AND they ship for free with no-hassle returns.