AmyZ is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default Back from Disney and Halloween party

Thanks for answering my questions around here. Just got back from our trip. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween was the highlight for my 4.5 year old. She was quite afraid of characters, so we cancelled all character meals. Overall, a good trip.
    Our string quartet is complete

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Glad you had fun!
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just got back a few weeks ago- my 3 year old DS was also deathly afraid of all characters except Chip and Dale (who seemed to be EVERYWHERE!) so your DD was not alone!

Maybe we should start a thread on Disney tips? I would have loved to read that before I left!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Any thoughts or feedback on the party in particular? This will be our first time at MNSSHP.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber
    Any thoughts or feedback on the party in particular? This will be our first time at MNSSHP.
    Well, here is my quick and dirty on the Halloween party. It is really great. You can get in at 4pm with your tickets and everyone is kicked out by 7pm. Lines were quite short. They give you a trick-or-treat bag, but you can use whatever you have. You get a special map that will tell you all the different trick or treat spots. Some of the characters are dressed up as well, ex., Pooh Bear is wearing his Super Sleuths outfit. Although DD was scared of the characters, she did find that mildly amusing. They have a dance party set up behind Dumbo - with characters dancing too. They play spooky music and turn all the lights green. They do a parade (I forget what time) which is fun to watch. We stayed until midnight (both kids took a nap earlier). This was our second time doing the Halloween party, and I would totally do it again. Oh - and lots of parents dress up as well, it is really funny to see people go all out!

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

So do they play the theme song from The Nightmare Before Christmas? DD is terrified of that song.

Overall, how were the crowds at the parks?

A tips thread would be great...we are leaving for our trip in less than 2 wks!

[QUOTE=cchavez]So do they play the theme song from The Nightmare Before Christmas? DD is terrified of that song.

Hmmmm... I'm not sure... nothing sounded Christmas-ish or holiday to me ... everything sounded really spooky and goulish.

Overall, how were the crowds at the parks?

Crowds were not bad at all. Some rides, like Its a Small World, you could walk right on... other's you still had to wait 5-10 min.