Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

This was DS1. He has never been a very good sleeper and still isn't great at 4.5 years.

At about a year, I started letting him cry-it-out a bit. I wasn't comfortable with just letting him cry to sleep, but I did find that if I let him fuss/cry for 5-10 minutes, he'd go back to sleep. I now think I was a big contributer to his sleep issues by going in too quickly.

Another thing that worked for me was to cut down the nursing sessions by 1 minute each night so he got less and less. After a couple weeks, he stopped waking for a few of them. Got too used to a full tummy at night!
    Kris

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Baby Whisperer book and Sleep Board saved me. Post your questions and they have lots of experience over there:

http://www.babywhisperer.com

What happens when he wakes up? Does he eat, cry, happy? My guess (purely a guess) is that he wakes up out of habit and likes seeing you so it is now a learned behavior. Most kids wake up a lot over the night and then go back to sleep after a few minutes - the key is being able to put themselves back to sleep. I have good sleepers so I may be off base - I know you must be beyond exhausted so just trying to think...
    Healthy Kids, Healthy sleep habits or sleep lady Kim West maybe? We used Baby Whisperer and Baby Wise but I think it might be late in the game for those.
    Michelle

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I hope that some of these answers have helped. I can't imagine how tired you all are....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2