Default Phil and Teds or Valco for toddler and newborn?

I am expecting DS #3 in December. DS#1 is 5 and pretty much rides his bike everywhere. DS#2 will be 2.5 by then and also prefers to walk/bike but occasionally needs to ride. We have gotten lots of use out of our BJCSD but want to streamline/simplify things for the third and get one that takes up less room. We also have a BJ single jogger that we bought at a yard sale for $20. Between the two BJ's, they take a lot of room in the garage. We'll plan to sell those.

So... we are looking for an exercise stroller (doesn't have to be a jogger but needs air tires) that will live in the garage and accomodate a newborn and occasionally the 2 yr old. It doesn't have to fold easily or be lightweight since it will rarely be loaded in the car. Accommodating an infant carseat is a plus but not absolutely necessary. I am somewhat familiar with the P&Te3, less familiar with the single Valco but understand it can have a toddler jumpseat.

thoughts or suggestions?
    thanks in advance

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

What about the new BJ City Single with the toddler jump seat? http://www.strollers.com/asp/show_de...id=FR67-IJ1242

You probably want something different since you've had 2 BJ's, but I think that would be a great long-term option since your middle one is past the age of riding a ton. You can lay the baby directly into the reclined seat from birth.

Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Just a warning, the BJCS Toddler seat has a 33lb weight limit so that might now work if you have a bigger toddler.
    big girl 6/06
    little girl 9/08

"I'm not stupid; I just don't stop to proofread." (PRM?)

thanks for the heads up about the BJ; my 2 yr old is about 30 lbs so that wouldn't work for us but it prompted me to look into weight limits.
    Looks like the P&T allows for more capacity...? The Valco lists 45 lbs for the single seat which will be fine for my little one but my 5 yr old (very rarely) needs a lift and he is already 50 lbs. Something to think about....
    I did notice the Valco has a hitchhiker riding board which I could attach when needed, if I wanted to (whew) push all three.