Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I bit the bullet and ordered this crib. It took about 3 weeks to get it delivered, but 3 of the 5 pieces ended up being cracked/marred, despite the box looking in good shape. I called BRU who said they would ship out another crib to me and take back the first one. It took 3 more weeks, but thank god they got it right the second time.
    In the end I'm happy with this crib, though it's been a huge pain in the ass dealing with all of this. Crib looks great and feels very solid. Assembly was very easy.

Cheers

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was glad to stumble on this thread - I was considering getting this Baby Cache Taylor crib (because my Jardine Capri was just recalled), and now I think it's my front runner, even though it sounds like they gave you a quite a hassle.

Has anyone else gotten this crib yet?

ETA- grammar!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

ChicagoPrego (or anyone else who own the Koala Home/Baby Cache White Taylor Crib), did you have any trouble locating a mattress that fit the crib well? I thought I read somewhere on these boards that the mattress was too small for the crib which caused a large gap. I was wondering what size mattress fits the crib snugly? If anyone knows, please let me know. I'm hoping to order this crib this week @ BRU. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though, because two people told me it was recalled and couldn't be ordered at this time, but then two people told me that it wasn't recalled and was available for purchase. Hoping to buy it on Member's Night and get 20% off.

Quote Originally Posted by vcardug View Post
    ChicagoPrego (or anyone else who own the Koala Home/Baby Cache White Taylor Crib), did you have any trouble locating a mattress that fit the crib well? I thought I read somewhere on these boards that the mattress was too small for the crib which caused a large gap. I was wondering what size mattress fits the crib snugly? If anyone knows, please let me know. I'm hoping to order this crib this week @ BRU. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though, because two people told me it was recalled and couldn't be ordered at this time, but then two people told me that it wasn't recalled and was available for purchase. Hoping to buy it on Member's Night and get 20% off.
    I bought it, but i haven't gotten a mattress yet.. hopefully someone will answer this soon?!

Unhappy gap in crib

I was also in love with this crib when I saw it. I did read somewhere that there was a dangerous gap in the crib, so I went back to BRU to check it out again. I reached in and the mattress does not fit the crib correctly. I could fit my fist inbetween the slates of the front of the crib and the the mattress. From everything that I have read, this is not safe, and I choose to get a different crib. This gap could be solved with sticking a blanket in there or something, but I didn't want to chance it. I checked multiple other cribs and none of them had this gap. Well... that is my 2 cents on it! Good luck!

Well, we bought this crib and got it home last Wednesday. My husband put it together Thursday and was very impressed with the quality and sturdiness of the crib. When I got home, I was very impressed, too.

Now I had to think about the mattress and stress a little. The crib states that "any mattress must be at least 27-1/4" x 51-5/8" with a thickness not exceeding 6 inches". So, I went out and purchased the Kolcraft Sealy Natural Rest Crib Mattress from Target that was recommended in BB. The measurements are 52 x 27.50 x 5.25. Got that mattress home, plopped it in the crib and it fit great!!! A nice snug fit. I was so excited. So, anyone thinking about buying this crib -- don't stress out, you'll easily find a mattress to fit it.

We ordered 2 of these cribs and the matching combo unit (we are having twins). The mattress I ordered was the Colgate Classica 3 which is 28 x 52. Hopefully they fit. I will report back when I have the crib (in a couple of weeks)

Just wondering if anyone else found a matress? TIA

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I bought this crib when our Jardine Capri crib was recalled at the beginning of the year. The old mattress we had fit fine - it was exactly the dimensions stated on the crib (27 1/4" x 51 5/8", and 6" high). The crib seems pretty great so far too - the hardware is all hidden and it seems very sturdy.

The only complaint I have shouldn't really be a complaint - just that the mattress is supported by plywood instead of slats or springs. I knew that when I bought it, but its bothering me a little more than I thought it would. There are slats attached to the plywood support, but as far as I can tell they don't bear any weight.
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

Yes, I have the Baby Cache Taylor crib. I bought the Kolcraft Sealy Natural Rest Crib Mattress (52" x 27.5" x 5.25") from Target that is recommended in the Baby Bargains book. It's a perfect fit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast