EllasMum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Question Thick, good quality tights?

Does anybody know where I can find thick, good quality tights in about size 4 or 5? OK I must admit I haven't looked around that much but thought I'd check here to see what other folks have found. I really covet the Hanna tights, but just can't bring myself to pay the duty, shipping etc.

TIA!
    ~~~
    Susan
    DD 08-2005
    Impatiently awaiting adoption match!
    Cure FOP - www.ifopa.org
    ~~~

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I like the LE tights. BUT, with duty and LE's increased shipping, not sure I like them THAT much, KWIM?

I've heard good things about the LLBean ones. They have a free shipping code that works in Canada until December 2008 and if you order $50 or more (not including shipping and duty/taxes), you get a $10 gift card. The trick with that is if you have an order over $50 to split up your orders (over different days -- can only earn 1 GC per day). so, if you are ordering $100+ in product, split it up, use the FS code (as many times as you want until it expires) and get 2 GCs.

You can also use the GC and the FS code together once you get them. Takes about 1-2w to get the GC in the mail.

I also bought DD#1 some Old Navy tights, and George brand from Walmart. I quite like the Please Mum ones, but they are always sold out it seems.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We bought some LL Bean ones 2nd hand, and they are in great shape. They seemed very warm and strong. Good shopping tips, Melissa.

I'll check out the LL Bean ones, thanks! Good tips about the gift cards, too. DD does have a few pairs of George ones, and they are ok, but a little long through the torso or something... they just fit a bit weird, KWIM? Every time I try to buy Old Navy ones, they are out of stock, but I will try them again.

Thanks everyone for your replies/suggestions!
    ~~~
    Susan
    DD 08-2005
    Cure FOP - www.ifopa.org
    ~~~

LL Bean has a sale on their tights...8.95 I think for two pairs in the size you want. They sell out quickly so hurry!

Thanks, Vludmilla!! That is a terrific price on the tights. Looks like it is last season's colors, but luckily they had pink so that's all DD cares about. I also got the snowflakes ones, and a couple of their knit dresses (pink stripes and also the blue stripes). Of course, I had to bring it up to $50 to get the gift card (thanks, Melissa!) so I also bought a clearance long sleeved t-shirt (layer type). Great deals!! All that cost only $65 including duties! Woohoo!!

Thanks again for the tips!
    ~~~
    Susan
    DD 08-2005
    Cure FOP - www.ifopa.org
    ~~~

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have several pairs of the LL Bean tights and I think they are just as good as Hanna, but a lot cheaper.