Thread: Magnatiles?

Default Magnatiles?

Hi!

Has anyone found magnatiles in Canada? I have looked for online stores but haven't been lucky. There are only a few US stores that ships to Canada but shipping is crazy, one of them was more than $40, then I would have to pay for customs and duties!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

EllasMum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Do you have a Scholar's Choice store near you?

http://www.scholarschoice.ca/categor...D=1&iAgeUID=22
    ~~~
    Susan
    DD 08-2005
    Impatiently awaiting adoption match!
    Cure FOP - www.ifopa.org
    ~~~

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Scholar's Choice carries them? Brilliant! I emailed Valtech a week ago to ask asbout Cdn distributors, but they're ignoring my message ...
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

I have checked with scholars choice and the store close by doesn't have them in stock, you have to order through their website. Also, I'm hoping to get clear ones.

Laura, if you hear from Valtech, could you let me know?

I have contacted edufuntoys and I'm waiting for a shipping quote, but they have told me that previous canadian customers have said that they had to pay about $50 for duties! So, I'm still looking!

I'll definitely post if I hear back, but I've kind of given up hope by now ...

I did email Scholar's Choice to ask when they expect to have more stock in - I kind of would like the clear ones as well. The set they have in stock is the one that DD already has. There's nothing wrong with them, but I think that she'd find the clear ones fun as well.
    ~ Laura

I've heard back from Scholar's Choice ...

Thank you for contacting Scholar's Choice Moyer. We currently have this item on order with the manufacturer. It is estimated that it should become available mid November. If you place an order now it will reserve one for you. Your credit card would not be charged until it is actually shipping out to you.
    Mid-November is a little too late for sending the set to Thailand for Christmas, but I think I'll go for it nonetheless. My folks are visiting in the new year, so they could probably bring them for us ...
    ~ Laura

Default I have talked to Valtech today!

Hi!
    I called them today, they have a toll free number that also works from Canada.
    I asked about distributors in Canada and he (Rudy) mentioned Scholar's choice and Louise Kool. I told him that I was looking for the 100 clear piece set and was wondering if Scholar's would carry it. He said that they wouldn't (?!?) but that he could ship me a set (in Ontario) for $6! I couldn't believe it, especially that my mom is sending me a baby dress from quebec city and that's how much she paid.

I'll order them tomorrow, I called from work...

I know that USPS is a lot less expensive for packages than Canada Post, but that's really cool! Please post back with updates
    ~ Laura

Default Update! The Magnatiles are here!

Sorry, I don't know how to post an update in a previous post.

I received the magnatiles today. I paid only $6 for shipping and it was labeled as a gift so no duties! I don't know how they do it, since it did cost them $27 to send them (I think it is a 7lbs package), but that works for me! Now, I'll have to try to keep them hidden until Christmas!

FYI, I received an email from Edufuntoys and shipping charges are about $25, plus duties, so buying from Valtech is still cheaper even if the tiles are full price.

Laura, I hope it is not too late for you to order them (we had an issue with our credit card and then work on our street that prevented the delivery of the package, so I would say it would take about 10 days from Chicago to Southern Ontario).

Thanks so much for posting back - how awesome that they labeled the tiles as a gift!
    ~ Laura