Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom
    If you have a Costco, they usually have a train table every year that is a great deal. I haven't seen one this year yet, though. I don't know about the TRU one, but as PPs said, they should all be compatible and interchanable. We have the Costco one from a couple years ago (made by KidKraft, I think). Then I added stuff from Brio, Maxim, IKEA and another generic one. The IKEA stuff is OK, but in the end I weeded it all out and donated it because the plastic connectors didn't always work well.
    Quote Originally Posted by o_mom
    I love having the storage drawers. You could go without them, but think about where you will have it. Ours was in our living room at the time and doubled as a coffee table. The matching drawers looked nicer than just plain tubs. I did put plastic bins in the drawer to divide and organize, but you could only see the wood from the outside.

We have the Costco one from about 3 years ago. Its held up OK -- DD#1 and DD#2 recently stood on it (hello, DH, not appropriate parenting skills) and it collapsed. DH fixed it and I could probably stand on it now (well, I might break the wood, but not the joints).

Definitely get the drawers. LOVE them. We use them for books -- each DD has a drawer of her "downstairs" books (they each have a bookcase in their room).
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Ditto on the drawers or bins! They are great for the tracks, trains and other toys. Our version had 6 plastic bins with it. The only thing I dislike about them is they are specific to that table. I wish they were generic so I could replace them more easily.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2