Quote Originally Posted by JTsMom
Yes, he definitely knew about the sensory/language and cardiac issues. Maybe I'm just a wimp, but I can not even picutre how a discussion with the teacher would go. I was planning on having DH call. (Insert bag over head smiley here)

How do you say to someone, "I saw you jerking kids around by the arm and plunking them down really forcefully. Do you mind not doing that anymore?" And if I did have that convo, what would be the benefit- kwim? It's not like this is the only gymnastics class out there. I've been going over it and over it since it happened, and I came to the conclusion that if I were watching the situation from neutral p.o.v., I would tell another mother to pull her child, so I don't know why I feel at all conflicted about it.... Maybe because it just seemed so out there that someone would do that when he knew the parents were watching? I think the glass is one-way glass though, so maybe he didn't know I was watching?
I see nothing at all wrong with saying that "I talked to you guys ahead of time about DS's issues and despite being assured that he would be treated properly, in the first class I see you roughly handling the boys when they start doing exactly what I told you to expect. Do you have better techniques for dealing with unfocused students? Because I find the rough physical handling totally unacceptable, and if this is the norm here I expect a full refund and will not be coming back. You are not to put your hands on my child other than to guide or spot them in practice, not in a disciplinary way. Period."
You are the mom, stand up for your child. It's good to have him see you doing so. This is not a gray area, physically rough handling in a recreational class is absurd.