713abc is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Need great trouser socks

Ok, I'm looking for GREAT simple thin black trouser socks that do not pill or get holes and last a long time. Any suggestions??

TIA!
    Robin

*bump*

me too!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++
    Sunny
    mom to DD E 11/03, DS1 W 3/06, and DS2 1/09

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

One day I got fed up with all my mismatched pairs that I threw my entire stash of dress socks away, went to Target, and purchased about 30 pair. That was two years ago and they've held up great!! I've had to throw away maybe 5 due to holes in the toe, but I paid very little in the first place (and honestly should have cut my toenails .)

I don't know the brand, but they were the Target cheapies sold in batches of 5.

713abc is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Interesting that you had luck at Target...I bought a pair last year from Target (Merona brand) and it got a major run in it right away so I was shying away from trying Target again.

Any other ideas out there?

cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I got some socks at an independent shoe store last year, and two of them were good. One was Hue brand, and I'm sorry to say that I don't know the name of the other! Maybe a trip to a higher-end shoe store would yield some good choices. The one I went to had a lot of Danskos, Birkenstocks, and earthy-crunchy type shoes, so I figure they are reasonably knowledageable about comfort and quality. Happy hunting!