Smile Trader Joe's East Coast Frozen Food Warehouse Burned Down

So this will affect those of us on the east coast, I have been religiously eating the yellow box waffles for several years and LOVE them. I opened a new box today and noticed they only had 6 waffles in it vs the usual 8, ok, I figured cutting costs, downsizing packages, but they looked a little different too, no biggie, as long as they taste the same, well they don't, at all. I called my TJ's and they told me the warehouse burned down so they are getting their frozen stuff from the east coast and some stuff is different, which I had no clue that would be, east vs west coast, but these waffles definitely taste different, as in not as good and they don't know when they'll be back with the usual east coast variety, of course they gladly offered a refund and the french toast is the same no matter what coast you are on so I'll be eating that for awhile. Maybe this'll save someone from buying the wrong type now

edited.... I thought the happy smilie would be after my last sentence and not in the subject line, because this is not a happy event!
    Jen

Emily 5/19/05
    Katie 8/14/07
    Chase 10/31/12

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This was a big deal in my house because the Trader Joe's Chicken Drummets (the all white meat chicken nuggets shaped like drum sticks) are one of the ONLY things DS will eat and they were out of them because of the fire. Thank God, they're back in stock!!! Try the blueberry waffles. We love them. TJs is the best.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

GHASP! Heading to my TJs now!! ACK!!!

(and for the smilies, it went in your subject line because you clicked the smiley box below the text box. Next time, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and you'll see a little box on the left that lists what's off and what's on. Click where you see 'Smilies are On' and the smilie page will pop up and you can see the codes to insert a TON of choices. HTH)

And thanks for the head's up about TJs!!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb
    This was a big deal in my house because the Trader Joe's Chicken Drummets (the all white meat chicken nuggets shaped like drum sticks).
    Last night DH went to the store to pick some of these up (we live on the west coast) and they told him they were out because the warehouse was out of stock. I guess the fire is affected west coasters too.
    Hope nobody was hurt in the fire!
    DD
    DS

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Do you think this had anything to do with the change in the rice pudding? The new kind is not as good as the one I got last month. It is sticky and globby and the rice bits are fragments. Such a sad story all around. Sorry about your waffles.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Wow, that's interesting. I guess there would prob be regional differences in their products. I was planning a trip to get more soybutter (and whatever else looks good!). Now I'll know in case something tastes different. I wish they would bring back their chimichangas and the old breaded eggplant (the new stuff is soggy).
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra
    Last night DH went to the store to pick some of these up (we live on the west coast) and they told him they were out because the warehouse was out of stock. I guess the fire is affected west coasters too.
    Hope nobody was hurt in the fire!
    My west coasts store was out of several items too and they said they were out at the warehouse level and weren't sure when they'd be getting them in again. Maybe they've been redirecting some of the west coast stuff to try to make up for the inventory loss in the east?
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally
    I wish they would bring back their . . . old breaded eggplant (the new stuff is soggy).
    Me too! Can't stand the new stuff!
    Jane

I too live on the East Coast. My TJ's was out of the plain (red box) waffles and instead had ones from Vans (haven't tried them yet). I was also upset to learn that they d/c'd the frozen Barbeque Chicken Pizza (booo-hoooo)! The manager told me the same thing about the warehouse fire.

My TJ's was out of the red box waffles too. And out of almost flourless chocolate cake which is DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!