Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bamom
    I have a condiment phobia. It isn't just that I won't eat them, I can't even smell them without hyperventilating. Mayo is THE biggest offender, then relish, ketchup, mustard, pickles, etc.

Consequently, my kids don't eat condiments either. Oh, and if DH eats condiments, I can not be in the same room with him and I can't kiss him anymore that day (even though I make him brush and floss after eating)
    OMG, me too!!!!! I thought I was the only freak on the planet with that!!! Try working in food service with condiment phobia- aaaaack! My order is different though- pickles are the worst for me, and olives are up there too. But- I have no problems with Ranch dresssing or BBQ sauce. I'm disturbed, I know. LOL
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Fun thread! Some of you lead quite adventurous lives The FAO Swartz love story is adorable.

1. This is quite embarrassing, but I cry at all awards shows, reality shows and sporting events when the winner is announced, esp. if there is a sappy story behind it . This includes the Olympics, school awards, graduation ceremonies, American Idol, Amazing Race, Academy Awards... you name it. And yes, I cry at weddings if I am close to the couple. I am going to be a mess if Obama wins, esp. given the fact that he is biracial and has overcome enormous odds, but it'll be worth it Bring on the Kleenex!

2. Once we were in downtown LA and a guy was shot (driveby) on the ground floor of the building while we were upstairs. We came down and saw him on the floor, just like on TV. It could have been us because we were upstairs for only half an hour or so looking at jewelry. That was my first and only time in downtown LA

3. In my last full time job, I used to spend time in impoverished areas where there are no stores, boarded up buildings, etc... I had to drive around all over the place, by myself, in neighborhoods with obvious drug dealers and the like. On my first day on the job, my boss asked me if I had a Club to lock my steering wheel!

Kris

you know, I thought I was unusual, and am by my town's standards-but nothing like ya'll. I was born in Africa but don't have citizenship (I'm a US citizen, not a Zaire or DR Congo or whatever it is today). We were evacuated when I was 11 and we were taken to the ambasaor's house by armed guarded vehicles. The ambasador took my bro's handcuffs (a prized possession from my uncle the army guy)-she (yes she-Melissa Wells) was going to handcuff Mobutu with them. Too bad she never did. Her husband was evacuated with us. Did you know that there is an airline that all they do is evacuate people? I think it was Evergreen. They had just rescued some people from some Pacific island from a tidle wave or something.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

OK, I finally came up with something mildly interesting....

All three of my children were born on holidays: My first on Labor Day, my second on Memorial Day, and my last on Yom Kipur.

Oh, also, my sister and I were married on the same weekend...she on Thursday night and me on Saturday night.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter

1. This is quite embarrassing, but I cry at all awards shows, reality shows and sporting events when the winner is announced, esp. if there is a sappy story behind it . This includes the Olympics, school awards, graduation ceremonies, American Idol, Amazing Race, Academy Awards... you name it. And yes, I cry at weddings if I am close to the couple. I am going to be a mess if Obama wins, esp. given the fact that he is biracial and has overcome enormous odds, but it'll be worth it Bring on the Kleenex!
    i do too. i might even cry at a wedding for people i don't even know. if i just see someone cry, i cry too.
    and yes, i cried when i heard that obama won -- tears of joy of course. and dh, the eternal pessimist, had to ruin the moment by pointing out that obama's victory is only projected, not official yet.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I realize we are all probably tired of this thread but i just thought of another thing.

12 years ago when I was living in France with Etienne (can you say oo la la), we were walking down the Champs Elysee in Paris and a crowd started to form on the sidewalk. We decided to stop and wait to see what was happening and ended up getting trapped in the crowd. Some officials were putting up barriers to form a walk- way up to a building and we were right up against the barriers. If we had looked up at the building we would have seen that it was opening night of the movie, "Entretien avec le Vampire." Anyone want to guess who came to the opening night? The movie was Interview with the Vampire and Tom Cruise came. He walked up the opposite side of the barrier shaking hands and was almost near the entrance when I decided to start yelling in English, "Hey! can I please have your autograph?" Since mine was the only voice in English, maybe that's why he did what he did. He turned around, looked at me and grinned, and walked the 15 feet back to where I was to sign an autograph for me (which I have since lost). After he left, some french lady next to me kind of elbowed me and said to me in french, Did you see that? He came back expressly for you!" I was on cloud 9 for 3 days.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13