Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Emmas Mom
    I've lived in 10 states & one foreign country (Iran). And yes....I'm an Army brat.

Oh! I just thought of something else....I went out with Mitt Romney's oldest son for awhile in college. I actually went to a football game with him, his wife & his son and then we all went out to dinner. Nice family. I wish he'd been the Rep nominee. My DH loves telling people that story. lol
    Not wishing to turn this into politics, but just sayin that if Romney had been the VP nominee, there may have been something close to a McCain landslide now. Really, even me, a lefty, would be sooooo tempted.

Hrrrmmmmph, and now going back to our regularly sched program, I am so boring. My only revelation is that I could live on cheese forever. And no, I'm not from a 'cheese' state.
    Also, donuts and coca cola
    Last edited by mommy111; 11-02-2008 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy
    I have a huge collection of Archie digest comics.
    Hey, me too! My Dad was cleaning out his house and brought them all over here. I have no idea what to do with them. Right now they're on a bookshelf in the playroom, but they're not worth anything but sentimental value. I can't throw them out...maybe DS or DD will like them someday.
    Debbie

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm pretty boring! Nothing too exciting, but...

1) Before an injury in college that ended my dancing days, I was a dancer for 15 years- ballet and contemporary. I danced at the Kennedy Center once, not on the "big stage", but it was still pretty exciting. I taught beginner ballet when I was in high school, which was really fun. All the dancing shows that are on these days really have me missing it, so my goal is to get my body back in shape after #3 and take some adult classes.

2) I am a disgustingly fast eater! I'm also lucky I got my dad's build and metabolism, b/c I am a BIG eater!!! French fries are my downfall- and anything chocolate- cookies, cake, candy, bring it on! I could never eat ice cream again, though, and be perfectly fine.

3) Even though I was a dancer for so long, I grew up with four brothers, so I am a pretty tough chick!

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I jumped off a bridge once (well, actually twice-- Bungy jumping).

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb
    I jumped off a bridge once (well, actually twice-- Bungy jumping).
    That reminded me, I jumped out of a plane once. It was my first date with my DH (long story).

Hmm, it's hard to really come up with something interesting. This is about as much as I could come up with:

1) I was the first-ever three time Williams County (Ohio) spelling bee champion. There have been a couple more since, but no four-timers!

2) I am a major triathlon addict and I LOVE racing. Since January 1, I've raced thirteen times, both tris and running races. If my knee allows (I had knee surgery two weeks ago), I want to do one or two more this year!
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hmm....12 years ago I was living in France with a frenchman named Etienne. His job transferred us to Houston, Texas, where he promptly dumped me for a big-busted, big-haired blond girl. Two weeks later I met my future Texan husband in a cigar bar named the Velvet Elvis.

I'm not sure that's surprising but that's the best I could come with.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm a green belt in karate and I can break a concrete brick with my hand.....

Well, that was years ago, but still I claim it as an on-going talent.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by strollerqueen
    LOL, me too! I got my license when I was 15!
    See, I always thought we were twins!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

army_mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I haven't lived anywhere more than 2 years since I left my parents' house in 1996

And although I am very girlie and love pink, I am an Apache helicopter pilot.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast