Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ivy, do you know if Carlson's tests every batch? When I look at the safety testing, I know it's just one sample and worry about subsequent batches, changes in manufacturing processes or spikes in contaminants. Interestingly, Dr. Sears says his "go Fish" supplements for kids are made with a "Norweigen partner" who tests every batch, which made me wonder if it was Nordic Naturals or Carlsons, just wit a different label, KWIM?

Gracebellesmamma, With regard to taking the vit E in addition to fish oil, I'd never heard that.

ETA: I've assumed fish oil was safe for preg and nursing moms, too, if found to be free of mercury. But, it seems dr's shy away from it and recommend the alge based brands instead.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally
    Ivy, do you know if Carlson's tests every batch? When I look at the safety testing, I know it's just one sample and worry about subsequent batches, changes in manufacturing processes or spikes in contaminants. Interestingly, Dr. Sears says his "go Fish" supplements for kids are made with a "Norweigen partner" who tests every batch, which made me wonder if it was Nordic Naturals or Carlsons, just wit a different label, KWIM?

Sally, I know they do a lot of testing - more than other companies - but I'd be willing to bet they don't test every batch. Still, a quick call to their CS would give you that information. If you call, let me know. I'll try to find time to do it, but....
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

Sally, I just confirmed with Carlson that they DO test every batch of fish oil for contaminants and contents, including their fish oil.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeofUs
    Sally, I just confirmed with Carlson that they DO test every batch of fish oil for contaminants and contents, including their fish oil.
    Oh, Thank you for checking on this, Ivy! I was browsing their website and it looks like a very good company with high quality products. I will feel safe about getting some of this for me and DS, then. That's very high quality control if they test every batch!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2