Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am glad to see your update! ((Hugs)) to you for being a listening ear and encouraging her to act immediately. Prayers for that poor family of the child.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally
    Isn't she a mandated reporter?
    I don't know. She's on her way here now. Was supposed to be here earlier today, but with the events of the day they didn't leave until late. She called as they (mom and dad) were pulling out of the school at 6PM and the principal's car was still there, but she wasn't in her office. Don't know what was going down, but I'm sure she'll get updates tomorrow.

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 1964pandora
    This would actually be a crime, (an assault and battery) in Virginia so I wonder whether it is a crime in your state. As a criminal defense attorney in Virginia, I have represented many parents who were charged with misdemeanor assault and battery for slapping a child in the face. I'm just talking about a single slap with no injuries. I just mention this so you may prepare your mother for the fact that it is possible she could be arrested for a misdemeanor. She may want to talk to her lawyer so if she faces being questioned by police she will know what she is going to do. Sorry this is so brief, only had a quick second to write.

Susan
    My MOM could be arrested? She isn't the one who hit the child, the principal was!

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMal
    My MOM could be arrested? She isn't the one who hit the child, the principal was!
    I think she misread the OP. I don't think your mom is in danger of being arrested.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No danger of mom being arrested
    She's had a hard time, make her a cup of hot chocolate before you ply her with questions
    I am sure the parents will be somewhat pacified to know that the school took action to kick out the principal.

1964pandora is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Oh, gosh, I'm SO SORRY! I shouldn't post when I'm in a hurry. NOT YOUR MOM, sorry!

Susan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2