View Poll Results: Did you like Michelle Obama's dress from Tuesday night (black with red in the center)

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I liked it, I would buy it.

8 7.77%
  • No, I did not like it.

82 79.61%
  • No opinion either way.

13 12.62%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I still can't decide. I did like that they matched and totally agree that the girls were adorable.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

I will go with one of the choices from the poll listed in the above blog link- It was ok but she could do better. I love how she dresses generally. I find her to be trendy and downright cool. She wears real clothes, ykwim? I heard that her favorite store is J.Crew.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaTC
    I will go with one of the choices from the poll listed in the above blog link- It was ok but she could do better. I love how she dresses generally. I find her to be trendy and downright cool. She wears real clothes, ykwim? I heard that her favorite store is J.Crew.
    This blog follows her fashion choices, and gives details on some of her J.Crew items http://www.mrs-o.org/ I didn't realize she nearly always wears the same set of silver necklaces, one has a charm stamped Hope and the other has a peace symbol. They were also speculating about another dress they thought she might wear on election night.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaTC
    I loved her dress when she went on "The View" earlier this year - it was a $150 off-the-rack dress for the "Black and White" store! Agree that she has a down-to-earth, trendy sense of style.

UGH. I was disappointed--that dress she wore on the View was darling. I have always loved what she wore. She has better fashion sense than that!! I would love to have her fashion sense--so who picked that dress?? DH said--that dress just makes her butt look big. Not flattering for her at all.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

It was such an ugly dress! I wouldn't wear it to my Dh's christmas party at work even if someone gave me $100! I couldn't believe she wore it to such an important event. What not to wear please!!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default The Dress? Everyone has an Opinion

One more blog on the dress - this time the NY Times. They have a whole thing on Michelle O's style:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...an-opinion/?em

My fav. quote: “I voted for Obama, but I didn’t vote for that dress.”

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So, can I hijack by asking what the girls wore? Because their dresses were completely adorable and I would love to get something similar for DD for the holidays

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3