Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default First sighting - house decorated for Christmas

Last night on the way home we passed a house with their Christmas lights up. Not just a string of twinkle lights, but icles of white lights and multiple strands of color lights. It looked nice, but we still have our Halloween stuff out!

The lights weren't up on Monday. Maybe they thought Christmas came on Tuesday?
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Some people really like to get a jump on Christmas. There are people around that leave their lights up for MONTHS.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

When I was taking my Halloween decorations down on Tuesday I thought that it would be so easy to just do the Christmas decorations then and there. The weather was gorgeous, I was already up and doing some work out there...but I restrained myself because Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving just seems wrong.

Beth

There are quite a few in our neighborhood that were up before Halloween. But we have a huge contest here for the tackiest (oops, I meant best) decorations. It's a little scary. Strangely, my block has never won I probably should get the lights up before it's too cold, though. I can't tell you how many years I've been all bundled up, but no gloves, freezing to death, trying to tie those stupid twisty-ties to our railings for the lights.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

srhs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I know one of those companies that you can pay to put up and store your lights was offering a 10% discount if you scheduled before Nov. 1. Maybe in your area it was Nov. 5?

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles
    When I was taking my Halloween decorations down on Tuesday I thought that it would be so easy to just do the Christmas decorations then and there.
    LOL. My neighbor did just that. I'm thankful they got rid of the evil looking decor but did a double take when I pulled in. They have their lawn decor out but no lights on the house.

FWIW, I do put my Xmas tree up in Nov.(will do it by this weekend w/out turning lights on) but it's because I enjoy looking at our decorated Xmas tree. I don't think I'd like it if DH put our outside decor up or actually turned it all on as if it was mid-Dec. He wouldn't do that, though. He thinks I'm certifiable for doing what I do even though I've done it for years.

To each their own....
    Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
    --Moses Maimonides

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Unbelievable.
    K

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

YEah, there was a decorated Xmas tree at the Walmart Entrance. I was trying to make a return and DS kept wanting to go over where I couldn't see him to look at the tree. When I finished, we both went over there and he touched it and said, "It's Christmas here!" Thank you very much Walmart...
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

CAM7 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Do you live in a cold area? We put up our outside Xmas lights early... to avoid having to put them up when it is below freezing. We don't plug them in until the day after Thanksgiving though.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

LOL... my sisters Neighbor had her holiday lights up already. We drove her home on Tuesday night and she said they were up on the weekend... right after Halloween. I guess as she took her halloween stuff down she just put her x-mas lights up!!!! She used all white lights but it sure was bright!

My sister just moved into the neighborhood last year and she was laughing saying maybe her neighbor is trying to "challenge" her! LOL

We usually wait till after Thanksgiving to put up any holiday decorations!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast