Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    erv917 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Why does everyone like KKs so much better than Siggs? Just curious.... I have a large Sigg for myself that I am pretty happy with, and was thinking of getting DD (19 mos) a kids sized one. But would the KK be a better choice? Do they have the smaller size for kids like Sigg does?

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Siggs have a lining that I'm not 100% satisfied is any safer than plastic. For all I know, it could be a BPA lining (like tin cans have). Also, Siggs have to be washed by hand, which, frankly, I don't have time for. I also don't like the narrow spouts.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray
    Siggs have a lining that I'm not 100% satisfied is any safer than plastic. For all I know, it could be a BPA lining (like tin cans have). Also, Siggs have to be washed by hand, which, frankly, I don't have time for. I also don't like the narrow spouts.
    What she said.

I've also had the unfortunate experience of leaving water in both bottles for too long and taking a swig without thinking - KK tastes pretty good (unlined stainless steel interior) whereas Sigg starts taste a little funky (has a lined interior, which I think over time seems to absorb more smells and tastes than I care for!)

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I find that if I use the foogo for anything but water is grows mold really fast in the upper rim and on the plastic top.

I love the KK. I like all the different sippy options you can get for it between the Advent pieces and the sport drink top.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

DD has had the foogo sippy for the last year, and it is by far her favorite cup.. she even lost it once and i drove way out of my way back to home depot to search for it. t hey called me that night and said they found it... LOL... I only recently found that the cup started leaking, called thermos CS and they sent me a replacement no questions asked!!
    wow!!

This year we are getting both kids the straw bottles from them- so are they all the same now?? DH brought home a funtainer when instructed to bring home a foogo one, and he said the only thing different was the packaging and the name. Despite not doing licensed characters for our kids on a regular basis, he found a cute hello kitty one, which will just be a pink kitty as far as she is concerned!! anyone who can confirm this????(that they are the same now)
    Last edited by kochh2; 12-13-2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: to clarify
    Holly~Attached mama to Aiden, my happy Pirate & Lillian, my spirited Mermaid fairy
    Cancer survivor!!!! No Evidence of Disease, now and forever!!!

We have KKs for all of us and love them. Haven't tried the sippy tops, but DD uses the sport top and the regular cap. Definitely recommend the Built NY sleeves to keep stuff cold and protect from dents. www.reusablebags.com is having a good sale on them I think
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2