Thread: Marble Runs?

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Marble Runs?

Does anyone have any recommendations for good quality Marble Run toys. My 3 yr old DS loves the quadrilla ones in the store, but he's already getting Magnatiles, so if I go with quadrilla, he'll get the basic one like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Quadrilla-Marb...6165728&sr=8-1

Any input on this and other brands? Do you think this set would be too basic?

Thanks!
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have a Quercetii marble run. Not that exact one, but similar. I would have preferred a Quadrilla/wood one, but DH purchased it at a B&M store and they were OOS of them, so he got the Quercetti. Its made in Italy, so at least not MIC. Plus, I am more comfortable with the EU standards for toys.

For the amount of play it gets (not a huge amount), the Quercetti is fine for us.

HTH
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks...I'll check that one out too
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

You know, we have the Quadrilla and they are very complicated--you have to get the small marble pass throughs the right way or they don't work. DS is 6 and pretty into building etc and he still needs his dad to build the runs.

I have seen plastic ones that you connect with tubes and they seem to be much easier and less frustrating. There is one at DS's school so they must be pretty tough. I do not know what brand they are though.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm a fan of the Haba's ball track. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Haba-1136-Ball...6265274&sr=1-1

It's very flexible and very easy to set up. Nothing is physically linked together, though, so it's not like you're going to set it up one time and leave it that way for days. It can get out of alignment if you nudge it. DD isn't ready to put it together by herself, but she does like to help with the small adjustments that we need to make as we play with it.

I also really like that there are a lot of different pieces you can add to the set. I'm hoping to add something to our set this year for Christmas or birthday.