Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Gucci Diaper Bag vs. Louis Vuitton Diaper Bag

Does anyone have either of these? Which is better. I know the big price difference, but which do you like better regardless of price?

I can't tell you anything about either of those as I haven't used them...but the best diaper bag I have EVER used is a Ju-ju-be. Very stylish prints, great quality, and very organized.

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Seriously, I wouldn't bother with either. I was given a Burberry diaper bag and I gave it up pretty quickly for something more functional.

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

a friend of mine has the lv one and loves it. between the gucci and the lv, i would get he lv.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2shop
    Seriously, I wouldn't bother with either. I was given a Burberry diaper bag and I gave it up pretty quickly for something more functional.
    Totally agree with lovin on this one. I am a label lover also, but you will quickly drop the expensive label diaper bag and use what is most functional. I actually prefer my husband's Diaper Dude best. The Burberry and Kate Spade bags are nice looking but just not functional. I would imagine the same applies to Gucci and LV diaper bags. Buy it if you really love it, but know that you may not get your money's worth out of it. My expensive diaper bag has just gathered dust.....
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Don't have either bag. BUT if I was going to splurge on a new Gucci or LV handbag, I would probably get one of the larger tote styles and then buy one of those make-your-own-diaperbag kits that has all the compartments. That way you could continue using it for a long time after you don't have the same need for the compartments. I mean, sometimes I only just grab one diaper and wipes, shove them in my regular handbag and go, if I know it's just going to be a short trip.
    I did get an OiOi as a gift since I thought it looked a bit more like a regular handbag, but for functionality, I prefer the camo skiphop duo that DH and I sort of share.
    DD
    DS

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra
    Don't have either bag. BUT if I was going to splurge on a new Gucci or LV handbag, I would probably get one of the larger tote styles and then buy one of those make-your-own-diaperbag kits that has all the compartments. That way you could continue using it for a long time after you don't have the same need for the compartments.
    What I needed out of a diaper bag has really changed as DS grew. As a newborn I packed soooo much stuff. Then by about 6 months I was packing 1/2 as much, then by a year about the same amount, but different stuff (sippy cups and snacks, not burp rags and pacifiers and a zillion diapers), then a few months later I was just throwing stuff in my purse.
    I do have several nice diaper bags, ($100-$250 each) but I'm glad that I didn't drop mega big bucks on one bag thinking it would be my only.
    Good Luck with your decision!

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Are you kidding me? I would say either of them. Save the money. I know I read money was not an issue for you in a post about strollers. But function should be important. I don't think your going to find it in either of those bags. You could find a great and STYLISH diaper bag for much less money.

ITA. I don't have the Gucci or LV, but I was given a Coach diaper bag as a shower gift, and although it is beautiful and I get compliments on it all the time, it is really heavy to carry and not as convenient as my husband's Diaper Dude or a plain old canvas tote from LL Bean. I'd use the money on some other splurges. If I had to do it over again, I would get a Vera Bradley for its lightweight washability and a Skip Hop for convenience.

my friend has the neverfull louis vuitton that she uses as a diaper bag. but for the past 2 weeks, she's been using a regular diaper bag (i don't know the brand).

anyway, she liked the neverfull bag... although the very same reason she liked it would drive me nuts. there aren't lots of pockets in it that you could organize your stuff. i prefer knowing where everything is.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast